× Members

Confused!

More
8 years 9 months ago #137922 by incognito
Confused! was created by incognito
Hi

Firstly thank you B&W as with your guide it helped me in receiving ESA & PIP , 1 Point short in PIP to receive full mobility which i feel they made a mistake on my ability to walk 200 metres , i cannot walk 1 step without pain due to ischemic heart disease and chronic pain which i need the use of a TENS Device/AID just to ease the pain plus my primary ailment does not help but scored 0?? but nevertheless happy i will just be left alone to deal with my problems & know without your help may have possibly not received these benefits!
Thank you.

My confusion is this , i received a letter from PIP department explaining what i shall receive plus her reasoning for giving me the points but ESA have only sent me a text saying i do not need to call them & my money will be in on the date given but have sent no letter or even a text/call telling me if i am in the support group or wrag.
I Did not have to attend either assessments/medicals for both esa or pip due to my condition as i was previously on another sickness benefit years ago as i suffer PTSD & it can be triggered in many ways so again relieved no medical assessment face to face needed but would be good to know what group i am in so can anybody help in explaining why ESA have sent no other information other than a text saying i shall be receiving esa & money will be in on x date?

many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137934 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confused!
incognito

All benefit Decisions have to be notified in writing, if it has only been a week or so since the text about your ESA, then the letter may still be making it's way through the DWP systems, if I has been longer then you might wan to contact the DWP for an update on what is going on.

ESA Decision Letters only include information about the award this does not include the award length. You might want to request a copy of your ESA85A assessment report, this will have been produced from your ESA50 and the paperwork attached, it should give you an idea of why your award was made and the prognosis is used to set your re-assessment date.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: incognito

More
8 years 9 months ago #137956 by incognito
Replied by incognito on topic Confused!

Gordon wrote: incognito

All benefit Decisions have to be notified in writing, if it has only been a week or so since the text about your ESA, then the letter may still be making it's way through the DWP systems, if I has been longer then you might wan to contact the DWP for an update on what is going on.

ESA Decision Letters only include information about the award this does not include the award length. You might want to request a copy of your ESA85A assessment report, this will have been produced from your ESA50 and the paperwork attached, it should give you an idea of why your award was made and the prognosis is used to set your re-assessment date.

Gordon

Thank you for your reply.

A bit embarrassing on my part as after calling ESA department today & asking why i received x amount thinking i was on ESA from the texts saying i don't need2 call them & my money will be in my account today! I AM NOT ON ESA as yet i have been put on PIP , i just assumed with the texts plus i mistook the kind lady as the ESA assessor instead she was the PIP assessor who asked a quick couple of questions & kindly said after her assessment it will be granted from the DWP as my condition is quite poor at present & after she consulted my Dr needed no face to face in deciding my health is very poor at present therefore i assumed my ESA claim was granted when it was actually my PIP Claim that was granted.
I received , by mail as you state , my PIP claim reply & i was entitled to Daily living component & it had the ladies decisions & reasoning on it with my points tally of 11 & would last till july 2018 but i shall be contacted after 1st july 2017 to check how things are which is fantastic for my health , peace of mind, but i am now a little anxious as to why my ESA claim was not sorted in the same manner , as surely if i got granted PIP with no medical,no face to face required will they not talk to each other & decide as i am now receiving PIP , meaning they agree i am in poor health that my ESA Claim should go through on that premise alone again with no face to face assessment required or am i making the wrong assumption?

Should i call them & mention my PIP award was granted with no medical or face to face needed in the hope i won't need to go for any meetings/medicals as i know they will give me a lot of distress which obviously the PIP assessor after talking with my Dr agrees with due to putting my claim through very quickly indeed for PIP with no medicals no face to face meetings needed.

many thanks

More
8 years 9 months ago #137964 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confused!
incognito

There are considerable delays in the ESA system so I am not surprised that you have not been assessed yet, I am afraid that that there are sufficient differences in the PIP and the ESA award criteria that it would be perfectly possible for you to be required to have a face to face assessment for ESA where you were not required to for PIP.

The ESA Assessment Provider, Maximus should have access to your PIP reports and it is possible that this will enable then to make a recommendation on your claim without the need for a face to face, but it may be some time before they get to your file.

There is no point you contacting the DWP about this, as they have contracted all authority with regard to ESA assessments to Maximus.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: incognito

More
8 years 9 months ago #137966 by incognito
Replied by incognito on topic Confused!
Many thanks Gordon
i know where i stand now , bit confusing at times!

Heres hoping no face to face is required time will tell.

Thank you for your speedy replies

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.