× Members

PIP Review

More
8 years 9 months ago #137951 by Gopherd02
PIP Review was created by Gopherd02
Hello all,
My PIP award ends in July 2016 and I received my big brown envelope today. I've been expecting it so managed to get a head start with the questions. I'm up to question six.

Anyway, this form must be back by 7 August but my award doesn't end until next July so my question is what will happen after I send this off? Will my PIP continue until July or do they make a new decision and start it from July or the date of the new decision, etc. Would anybody happen to know?

Thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137960 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Review

Gopherd02 wrote: Hello all,
My PIP award ends in July 2016 and I received my big brown envelope today. I've been expecting it so managed to get a head start with the questions. I'm up to question six.

Anyway, this form must be back by 7 August but my award doesn't end until next July so my question is what will happen after I send this off? Will my PIP continue until July or do they make a new decision and start it from July or the date of the new decision, etc. Would anybody happen to know?

Thank you :)

I am afraid that this re-assessment of PIP awards a year in advance of their end date is standard for the majority of awards.

It will be a full re-assessment of your claim and a new Decision will be made, this can remove the current award, reduce the current award, leave it as it is or increase it , all with immediate effect, if an award is made then it will likely be for a new period of time starting on the date of the Decision.

Any new Decision would have full appeal rights.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gopherd02

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.