× Members

pip mobility

• jan
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #137972 by jan
pip mobility was created by jan
Iv just seen on disability rights

The upper tribunal appeal decision, CSPIP/109/2015, allows that where someone is so prone to anxiety they need prompting in order to undertake any journey, to avoid overwhelming psychological distress, they may qualify for one of the planning and following a journey PIP mobility components.

But there’s a snag when you use this case in your own appeals. Appeal tribunals are entitled to consider all related upper tribunal appeal decisions and there’s another decision which considers help to overcome anxiety as irrelevant to planning and following a journey. That upper tribunal appeal decision, UK/622/2015, says only help in navigating a journey counts.

- See more at: www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2015/jul...sthash.4g5QZJzV.dpuf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137990 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip mobility
Jan

Thanks for making us aware of this, we have been looking at UK/622/2015 for about a week to see whether we need to update the PIP guide.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #137993 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic pip mobility
Although the two decisions seem at odds with each other I think 622/2015 implies that if you need assistance at the start of a journey 11d and 11f descriptors both apply. My reasoning being if you cant start the journey without assistance you can not carry out the journey.

iibelieve 109/2015 confirms what a number of FTT decisions have said that the Advice to Decision Makers is wrong and you don't need a prescribed Mental Health/Learning Disability/Cognitive Disorder to meet 11d and 11f

More
8 years 9 months ago #138004 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip mobility

Bill24chev wrote: Although the two decisions seem at odds with each other I think 622/2015 implies that if you need assistance at the start of a journey 11d and 11f descriptors both apply. My reasoning being if you cant start the journey without assistance you can not carry out the journey.

iibelieve 109/2015 confirms what a number of FTT decisions have said that the Advice to Decision Makers is wrong and you don't need a prescribed Mental Health/Learning Disability/Cognitive Disorder to meet 11d and 11f

I am afraid I think you are wrong with your summation of UTT Decision 622/2015, the Judge supports the DWP view that the assistance required is for navigation purposes only, it does not support the view that the assistance is related to the problems that the claimant might have with starting the journey or completing it due to issues such as agoraphobia or social anxiety.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #138040 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic pip mobility
Gordon
I have looked at decision again and you are of course right.

bill

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.