× Members

Advice needed for home assessment please

More
8 years 9 months ago #137973 by juxidee
I've got a PIP home assessment next Monday...I didn't request it, they told me they were coming. In one respect this is good because they consider me bad enough to come out, and on the other hand I am becoming quite distressed about them coming into my house.

I have medical and mental health issues and I don't want them walking (well trying to manouvere around the clutter) spying on me. I know from past experience they make assumptions about possessions and assets...and put their own spin on it.

Any advice whatsoever would be most gratefully received to prepare for them...they coming between 9 am and 11 am....I don't normally get up till 11 usually, so don't know whether to try toget up and wait or just hang it out in bed until they arrive?? Feel like I am damned if I do, damned if I don't........If I get up they can say I was up contrary to normal life.

Sorry I've rambled but it's beginning to consume all my thoughts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137991 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice needed for home assessment please
juxidee

You can have someone with you during the assessment, a friend or relative, will this ease your concerns?

There is a section at the back of the PIP Claim guide that explains what will happen during an assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.