× Members

Hi, just need some advice on compliance interview

• khan
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #137977 by khan
Hi there, am new here, and thank you for having me. :)

I hope I have placed this new topic in the right thread/forum area.

I recently had a Notification of local service compliance interview at my local job center. (I am on income support and carer's allowance, and take care of my mum)

I have attended the interview yesterday, and it was pretty straight forward, they asked if i have been working in that time and if i have been abroad ect, which i haven't neither of those.

I am not sure if it may have been a routine check or some malicious things made up ect.

My only main concern is this:

I had some money borrowed from friends and family to help me out, for some money i needed, for therapy sessions, and to stop smoking and other things such as needing to pay off some debts and purchase clothing ect)

Again-this was borrowed money, not from any work, or undeclared work ect.

The adviser did point this out, saying it shows a some constant payments in that one and half months or so. (the total payments were in four parts, or three i think, of about £650 or 700. that was the total money all together.

I did explain to him, that this is borrowed money and not from work, and how else could i have paid off my phone bill debt and therapy sessions ect, if not with having to put that money into my bank account. He said that it is fine, and if nothing wrong has been done, then you have nothing to worry about. So that bit I am ok with.

My only anxiety is this:

he has sent off the letters and statements ect, what will happen now?

As far as I was or am aware, one can borrow money and out this in one's own bank account, as long as it is not very large amounts of say: £1000 upwards if you are on income support.

(Again-I am not sure if my knowledge is up to date in this area)

I am slightly concerned, that if they were to think it was work money, (which it is not) then can they cut my benefits on income support and carer's allowance? (i know that at times, job centers can make mistakes)

And if they were to ask me to prove how the money came in- how would i prove this? As the money was given to me in cash.

I am sorry I made this message quiet long.

Thank you very much for any help and support that you can be give me, or guide me to.

I appropriate it allot.

And thank you for putting up this website , as it is a great help to allot of people.

Kind regards.

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137994 by Gordon
Khan

I wouldn't worry about them taking copies of your documents, the person you spoke to would be an investigator, they can make a recommendation on any further action, but the case has to be passed to a Decision Maker, so this is standard practice.

It is difficult for us to offer further advice at this time, most of these interviews result in no further action, but I am afraid you will have to wait and see what happens.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• khan
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #138039 by khan
Hi Gordon, thnak you kindly for your message and reply.

Hopefully, its nothing, just routine.

Kind regards.

:)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.