× Members

Means testing Disability benefits - no plans

More
8 years 9 months ago #137986 by sally-jane
I contacted an MP, who is very much in the forefront of the movement in regards to Welfare Benefits in regards to the motion of means testing disability benefits and this was their response. Make of it what you will!!

'I can assure you that there is no plan whatsoever to apply the means test to the disability benefits that don’t have a means test at the moment.'
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 9 months ago #137999 by Gordon

pusscatsmum wrote: I contacted an MP, who is very much in the forefront of the movement in regards to Welfare Benefits in regards to the motion of means testing disability benefits and this was their response. Make of it what you will!!

'I can assure you that there is no plan whatsoever to apply the means test to the disability benefits that don’t have a means test at the moment.'

I seem to remember the Cons pulling a similar trick at the election, you leak something really bad that you know everybody will be upset about and then do something less bad (but still very bad), but everybody thinks they have won something because it's not as bad as it could have been, if that makes sense? :)

The important thing is that they didn't touch Contribution Based benefits this time. I'm locking the topic to prevent further discussion.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cats6
  • bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138006 by bro58
Yep G,

A bit like "under promising/over delivering" in Sales & Service !!!!

A good game if you can get away with it, and it seems like the Tories have !!!!!! :angry:

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.