× Members

the role of the Job Center ESA advisor

More
8 years 9 months ago #138017 by Gwawr
Hi
when I asked the manager what is the role of the advisor she said "to support" We then asked what does this entail? her reply
"look in the dictionary" Yes she did say that :ohmy:
I have tried to look at the gov website but to no avail :(
Can anyone here point me in the right direction please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138025 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic the role of the Job Center ESA advisor

Gwawr wrote: Hi
when I asked the manager what is the role of the advisor she said "to support" We then asked what does this entail? her reply
"look in the dictionary" Yes she did say that :ohmy:
I have tried to look at the gov website but to no avail :(
Can anyone here point me in the right direction please?

The advisors role is to prepare an ESA claimant in the WRAG for a return to work and to help them remove any barriers that might prevent that return, with the obvious exception of healing you of the condition or disablement that qualified you for the WRAG in the first place.

Activities fall under two headings; Work Focussed Interviews and Work Related Activity.

WFI's cover any of the meetings that you might have with your advisor, the meetings are usually mandatory and your benefit can be sanctioned if you fail to attend.

WRA covers a multitude of tasks from attending training to preparing documents such as a CV, it also covers activities that you might be asked to do if forwarded to the Work Programme and Work Placements or Voluntary Work, most WRA is mandatory and if so can lead to your benefit being sanctioned.

Mandatory activities must be notified in writing and it must clear in the letter that the activity is mandatory and that your benefit can be sanctioned if you fail to carry it out.

You cannot be asked to work or to seek work while in the WRAG.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gwawr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.