× Members

Physiotherapy, pip mobility advice please

More
8 years 9 months ago #138059 by little effie
Physiotherapy, pip mobility advice please was created by little effie
Hello yet again
Due to recent neuropathic and cardio problems my physiotherapist wants me to try and increase my mobility to help circulation and slow postural decay so although she fully understands that this will cause me further pain and discomfort in joints and tendons its a case of rock or hard place.So the question is that on their advice I have to stop using crutches as these are exacerbating neck and vascular and wear more supportive leg braces and attempt twice weekly to walk up to 25 metres building monthly to 50 metres over the next year or so should I inform the DWP of my attempting as therapy to go over the 20 metres and not use crutches or wasit until I am achieving this.I will of course not be in less pain and without crutches go at a snail's pace but am unsure whether to let them know or just wait until my next assessment .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138065 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Physiotherapy, pip mobility advice please
Steffi

You do not need to contact the DWP until you can reliably walk more than 20m on the majority of days. Reliably means

• Safely – in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person.
• To a necessary and appropriate standard – given the nature of the activity.
• Repeatedly – as often as is reasonably required.
• In a timely manner – in a reasonable time period.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: little effie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.