× Members

New PIP award doesn't make sense!!

More
8 years 9 months ago #138062 by elizabethr
New PIP award doesn't make sense!! was created by elizabethr
I posted before that DWP wrote to me "looking at your pip award again". Even the ATOS health care professional thought I had written in with Change of Circs.
At the time, being synical, I thought they had marked it for review so they could say I wasn't entitled to it. I had a lot of trouble all through the application for PIP and my MP got involved.

Well anyway my award was:
Nothing for personal care at all as I only scored 8 points - if you looked at my form and my doctors letter you would not be able to understand why I got nothing.
Standard rate of mobillity - 8 points because they said I could walk between 20mtrs and 50 mtrs despite me and my gp saying otherwise.

So I am getting something like £82 every four weeks.

I also have a blue badge which is not dependent on the award.

okay so far. - well it gets better (or not)

I have today received a letter from them stating what the award now is and why but its not that simple.

Bear in mind the points scoring (this is important)
standard rate daily living 8pts
enhanced rate daily living 12pts
standard rate mobility 8pts
enhanced rate mobility 12 pts

Page 1

" I've decided to look at your PIP award again to make sure you're getting the right money.
I've decided you're entitled to the Daily Living Component of PIP at the standard rate of £55.10 a week.
I've decided you're not entitled to either rate of the Mobility component"

Page 3 and 4 are the descriptors and points awarded

I have 6 points for daily living
I have 8 points for mobility
?????????????????????????????????
This is exactly what I got on the original award

Then there is the statement of entitlement 13 July 2015

"Elizabeth **** is entitled to Personal Independence Payment at the following rate:
Daily living Component
Standard rate of £55.10 a week from 13 July 2015 to 10 June 2020"

Again nothing mentioned on the certificate of entitlement of anything for mobility.

Ihave asked for a copy of the medical report before I ask for a recon.

I am frightened that if I ring them and ask about the discrepencies then they will tell me its wrong and I get nothing for personal care and the £80 something for mobility which I am already getting.

I know by not ringing I am just putting off the inevitable but what if they do start paying the £55.10 (£220.40 every 4 weeks) thats just what I feel I should be entitled to.

Anyone have any useful comments

Elizabethr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138069 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New PIP award doesn't make sense!!
Elizabeth

There are obviously problems with the award letter.

Can I ask you to clarify the following from your post, you say;

Nothing for personal care at all as I only scored 8 points

But as you acknowledge later in your post, scoring 8 points for Daily Living would result in a Standard award. Where have you got the 8 points from? Should it be "6" rather than "8"?

The money you are receiving is most consistent with an award of Standard Mobility (£21.80 x 4 = £87.20)) and the points indicated on page 3 and 4 of the letter. If you were paid £82 then this may be a partial payment rather than the full 4 weeks.

I'm afraid you need to contact the DWP for confirmation of the award and a new award letter with the correct information on it. I think it very unlikely if they have put the Mobility award into payment that they will then switch it to a Daily Living one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #138124 by elizabethr
Replied by elizabethr on topic New PIP award doesn't make sense!!
Gordon

Sorry. Yes you spotted the deliberate (not) mistake.

My current award is supposed to run to April 2016

I scored 6 points for personal care so nothing for that.
I scored 8 points for mobility so are currently receiving the standard rate.

May i got a letter saying they wanted to review my award to "ensure I was getting the correct amount".

The new award according to the letter is from July 2015 to June 2020.
The letter states that the new award is standard rate of Daily Living but nothing for mobility as I have not scored enough points.

In the list of descriptors showing how I have scored the ;points it says.

Daily living 6 points
Mobility 8 points

The confirmation of award piece of paper - that you need to show what your entitlement is says

Standard rate of Daily Living £55 (i think without looking but nothing for mobility.

I have asked for the medical report so am awaiting that before I ring back.

Eliz

More
8 years 9 months ago #138136 by Gordon
Elizabeth

Thank you for clarifying your previous post.

I am still of the opinion that you should contact the DWP about the problem, this appears to be an administrative error and you will need it to be resolved before you can request a Mandatory Reconsideration as to any corrected award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #138487 by elizabethr
Replied by elizabethr on topic New PIP award doesn't make sense!!
I have posted previously about this.

My current award is nothing for daily living and standard rate mobility. My award has recently been reviewed although it doesnt run out until April 2016

The letter states:
We have not changed your award but I have been given a longer period so the award goes to April 2020.
I have been awarded standard rate daily living
It also states that I have scored nothing for mobility

Looking at the points page I have scored 6 for daily living (you have to score 8) and 8 for mobility - which is exactly what my current award was.

I sent for the medical report as I wanted to see this before I rang them.

The medical report notes that I have reduced power in all my limbs. The HCP notes take account of what i and my daughter (who came with me) said. That She washes my hair and she cooks. It also notes that I have trouble dressing. It also notes that my daughter (who had to take over the talking) clearly stated that I have all the aids but it doesnt make any difference because of the fatigue and fibro.

Then I looked at the computerised point scoring and for all three activities that I said I couldnt do she has put that I can do these these with aids.

It clearly shows that I scored 8 points for standard mobility which is what I have now.

I have been really bad these past two weeks and really have no strength to phone anybody at the moment. #

I wanted to ring them ask about the confusion and discuss a reconsideration not necessarily appeal I know I could search around but I am so ill I can't face doing that.

Can people tell me do I have to say I want to appeal at the same time as asking for a reconsideration. Just the reconsideration - do I/Can I say why I think they should do a reconsideration.

Also what is the point of ticking the boxes if they ignore what you say.

Eliz

More
8 years 9 months ago #138498 by Gordon
Elizabeth

If this is an administrative error then it should be possible to sort it out without the need for an MR or an appeal!

Requesting an MR is totally separate from requesting an appeal, the MR request is made to the DWP, the appeal is made to the Tribunal Service and cannot be made until the MR has completed.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: elizabethr

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.