× Members

PIP... Be warned...Not backdated and in arrears!

• Lorraine
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #138063 by Lorraine
Was very glad to hear today that my own decision to change from DLA to PIP had paid off! I went from lower care DLA to Standard daily care AND standard mobility. Thankyou to Benefits and work for the invaluable information on this site :)

However I felt a bit deflated to find out that my claim is not back dated. The reason given is that my DLA of £86 a month was still being claimed. I will now be receiving around £340 a month but not until September as I've been told it is paid a month in arrears! I stupidly assumed that the difference between £82 and £340 would be back dated to when I made the new PIP claim. So that new clutch, new headlight and set of new tyres I planned to pay for will have to wait.

It is also worthy to note that the money is paid weekly and not monthly which is also disappointing.

Very happy about the outcome but will now have to get a loan to tide me over :0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138070 by Gordon
Lorraine

Congratulations on the award.

I'm afraid that the refusal to backdate is standard, the legislation could have been worded to take account of this situation, but it was not.

PIP is paid on the same frequency as DLA, every four weeks, PIP is four weeks in arrears and I believe that DLA is one week in advance and three weeks in arrears.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.