× Members

Sending Patient Information Leaflets with PIP Form

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138086 by Gopherd02
Hello all,
Currently filling in my PIP form that I've received as my award is being reassessed so might be asking quite a few questions before I send it off. Apologies and thanks in advance.

Anyway the PIP form came with an extra sheet of what to send and what not to send as evidence. It says DO NOT send patient information leaflets for medication but I've seen a blog post very recently from a guy online saying he sent the PILs for each of his medications and highlighted the side effects he experiences.

So my question is do I do as they say and leave them out, or send them in anyway? Don't want to do it if it'll harm my claim but don't want to leave out if it could benefit my claim.

Thank you :)
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138101 by slugsta
Hi Gopher,

It's a difficult one, isn't it?

One the one hand, the letter states not to send in the data sheets and you don't want to overwhelm the assessor with loads of irrelevant paperwork, in case they don't bother to read the important stuff.

On the other hand, we always say that the assessor cannot take into account anything that you have not drawn to their attention.

I don't think there is any point in sending in the sheets for things that you take happily with no problems. However, if you suffer from side effects that cause further debility, especially if they are less usual side effects, I don't see why you shouldn't show the assessor proof that this is known with that specific drug.

I'm sure the other mods will give further advice.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gopherd02

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138123 by Gopherd02
Exactly! I don't want to provide pages and pages of irrelevant information if it's going to water down the rest of the evidence I'm including...but as you say, the assessor can't take into account things I haven't drawn their attention to.

it does say that providing evidence which they have told me not to could delay my claim but nothing about whether it would affect the decision.

I'll print them anyway and keep hold of them until I've decided whether to send them.

Out of curiosity, have any other members sent the PILs with their claim recently?
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago #138129 by bro58

Gopherd02 wrote: Exactly! I don't want to provide pages and pages of irrelevant information if it's going to water down the rest of the evidence I'm including...but as you say, the assessor can't take into account things I haven't drawn their attention to.

it does say that providing evidence which they have told me not to could delay my claim but nothing about whether it would affect the decision.

I'll print them anyway and keep hold of them until I've decided whether to send them.

Out of curiosity, have any other members sent the PILs with their claim recently?

Hi G02,

Yes, we are aware of some members who have sent in the PILs under the scenario mentioned by MHB.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.