× Members

Q5b on pip form.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138087 by ray charles
Q5b on pip form. was created by ray charles
Hi folks! Sorry to bother you again. I'm slowly wading my way through the pip2 form and have got to question 5b "do you need help from another person to monitor your health conditions, take medication or manage home treatments"
This question appears, to my mind, to be aimed at people with cognitive disabilities. I don't have any problem with cognition and my claim for pip is based on physical disability and problems with mobility.
Because of my mobility problems my pharmacy reorder and deliver my medication to me every month and with out their help I would not be able to gain access to my medication.
For this reason I'm tempted to answer yes and explain why in additional information, but I am worried that it may be viewed as a blatant point scoring exercise and count against me.
Can I ask for peoples opinion on weather I should answer yes or no.
Cheers.
ray.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138095 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Q5b on pip form.
Hi Ray,

This question doesn't only apply to people with cognitive difficulties. It also relates to those who need help to carry out therapies such as physio, blood glucose testing etc. It specifically states how long this help/therapy should take. I think it unlikely that, from what you have said, you would score points here but I don't see why you shouldn't try - you will not be given points that the assessor/DWP think don't apply!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ray charles

More
8 years 9 months ago #138105 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic Q5b on pip form.
Ray,

If your mobility problem prevent your accessing prescribed medication without the support of a third-party it’s worth mentioning in reply to Q5 and Q13. Even if you don't score any points from mentioning this issue in reply to Q5 it highlights the severity of your mobility limitations.

All the best!

Mari
The following user(s) said Thank You: ray charles

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.