× Members

WRAG to support group

More
8 years 9 months ago #138088 by Elizabeth Brewer
WRAG to support group was created by Elizabeth Brewer
Hi there.
I'm in a quandary with myself!
I'm on work related ESA at the moment,
And have just sent off the form that they send, for another medical review.
I have scoliosis, arthritis and mild asthma.
But I am always feeling fatigued aswell.
I did not write everything down on the form, I thought I could explain myself better, when I go for my second medical.

But although I have these problems,
I want to do a college course.
I don't know what to do.
They did say they would support me, if I did do it.
But what I wanted to know, Would that affect my work related ESA if I did do this?
I do usually work a couple of hours teaching aswell. ESA are aware of this.
My point is that I cannot possibly work 8 hours a day everyday of the week with my condition.
But saying this, my body is different everyday. Hurts more than other days.
Depending on activity aswell.
Can someone advise me please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138110 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG to support group
EB

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I've moved your post to it's own topic to avoid confusing the owner of the topic you posted in with my reply!

I am afraid that I do not believe this is likely to be a winning strategy!

The assessment follows a standard "script" with a set of questions that the assessor will ask all claimants, many of the questions are "closed", meaning that they are ideally looking for a "yes" or "no" answer, there will not be an opportunity for you to present your own picture of your problems without the assessor interrupting.

It is possible that they will contact your GP or the other Health Care Professionals that support you, but they are not required to do so and only do in about 25% of claims, many HCP's do not respond.

You may be able to undertake a college course but it will depend on your personal circumstances as to whether it will affect your ESA. See the following fact sheet for more information

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/how-we-can-he...d-questions-students

Also your doing so may be considered in regard to whether you qualify for ESA, for example; if you have Social Anxiety then your ability to mix with other students will be called in to question, if you have Mobility problems then your moving from class to class will raise red flags.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.