× Members

ESA reassessment

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138115 by Feelinghopeless
ESA reassessment was created by Feelinghopeless
Hi,

I am in the support group ESA, and every year at the beginning of July I get a reassessment form to complete to be submitted by September. I have been left alone for 2 years now. The money is still going into my bank account. I don't know whether to feel relieved or on edge, not knowing whether they are going to suddenly send me a reassessment out of the blue.

Do you know if they are leaving people in the ESA support group alone for a bit, or if there is a back log or anything? I have been in receipt of ESA for 5 years now and this is the first time that I haven't been reassessed every year. Could my higher rate care PIP (January 2015) have anything to do with it? I don't know whether to relax or be prepared for a brown envelope.

Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138130 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA reassessment

mad cow wrote: Hi,

I am in the support group ESA, and every year at the beginning of July I get a reassessment form to complete to be submitted by September. I have been left alone for 2 years now. The money is still going into my bank account. I don't know whether to feel relieved or on edge, not knowing whether they are going to suddenly send me a reassessment out of the blue.

Do you know if they are leaving people in the ESA support group alone for a bit, or if there is a back log or anything? I have been in receipt of ESA for 5 years now and this is the first time that I haven't been reassessed every year. Could my higher rate care PIP (January 2015) have anything to do with it? I don't know whether to relax or be prepared for a brown envelope.

Thanks

Hi mc,

ESA reassessments have been getting deferred since January 2014 due to huge backlogs.

See the following information :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2648-repe...ferred-for-two-years

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=100618#117770

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...02342&start=6#126501

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=103451#131391

Our best advice is to either ring ESA where they should be able to obtain your next recommended reassessment date on-screen from your ESA file :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

Keep a current ESA50 up to date in anticipation by : Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page, 3rd & 4th links down :

ESA Claims Guides

Or, you can do nothing, you do not have to instigate a fresh reassessment yourself.

Your current ESA status and payments will continue until you are eventually reassessed and a fresh decision is made.

In case you are not already aware, The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (Maximus) took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.