× Members

incapicity to esa

More
8 years 9 months ago #138148 by comfort
incapicity to esa was created by comfort
After waiting 2 years from sending my form I finally had an assessment yesterday. All going well and after 15 minutes the lady said " just a few more questions and then it will be finished." I believe she was going to put me into the support group. However when I told her that since my application I had a brain MRI and I have a tumour on the base of my brain which they have said is benign and not affecting my conditions or symptoms she put her hands over her ears and said she wished she had not heard that as she would have to stop the assessment. It seems that if you have a growth on or near the brain the assessment has to be done by a doctor and she was not one. At that I burst into tears. I have been really stressed about going to the assessment and I could not believe it had to be stopped. She went to ask her manager if she could carry on but was told she could not. She was honestly upset that she could not help me. She said that she would ask them to review my application again and IF I was called back then it would be with a Doctor but she did not think it would last more than 20 minutes. She said " I did not tell you that"
I am hoping that she can write a report on the time she spent with me and that I do not need another assessment. After waiting 2 years for this one I dread to think how long I will have to wait for a reply especially as I will be changing from DLA to PIPS this year so more stress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago #138169 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic incapicity to esa

comfort wrote: After waiting 2 years from sending my form I finally had an assessment yesterday. All going well and after 15 minutes the lady said " just a few more questions and then it will be finished." I believe she was going to put me into the support group. However when I told her that since my application I had a brain MRI and I have a tumour on the base of my brain which they have said is benign and not affecting my conditions or symptoms she put her hands over her ears and said she wished she had not heard that as she would have to stop the assessment. It seems that if you have a growth on or near the brain the assessment has to be done by a doctor and she was not one. At that I burst into tears. I have been really stressed about going to the assessment and I could not believe it had to be stopped. She went to ask her manager if she could carry on but was told she could not. She was honestly upset that she could not help me. She said that she would ask them to review my application again and IF I was called back then it would be with a Doctor but she did not think it would last more than 20 minutes. She said " I did not tell you that"
I am hoping that she can write a report on the time she spent with me and that I do not need another assessment. After waiting 2 years for this one I dread to think how long I will have to wait for a reply especially as I will be changing from DLA to PIPS this year so more stress.

Hi c,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

Sorry to hear of this !

Yes, they are supposed to use Doctors for certain medical conditions.

There is a chance that they may be able to make a paper based assessment without the need for another face to face, only time will tell.

Please keep us updated.

bro58

More
8 years 7 months ago #140280 by comfort
Replied by comfort on topic incapicity to esa
I have received the standard letter regarding a change in my benefits from IS to ESA. It states that I have been placed in the support group but does not say how long for. This was without a second assessment and no phone call or letter telling me which group I was placed in to. I am so relieved. Thank you for your very helpful site. I am still waiting for the forms to change to PIPS. Hopefully as I am now in the support group this will go easier.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140294 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic incapicity to esa

comfort wrote: I have received the standard letter regarding a change in my benefits from IS to ESA. It states that I have been placed in the support group but does not say how long for. This was without a second assessment and no phone call or letter telling me which group I was placed in to. I am so relieved. Thank you for your very helpful site. I am still waiting for the forms to change to PIPS. Hopefully as I am now in the support group this will go easier.

Congratulations on the award.

ESA in an indefinite award with frequent re-assessment, if you contact the DWP they should be able to tell you when your next one is likely to be.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: comfort

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.