× Members

Local Compliance Order

More
8 years 9 months ago #138166 by birdgirl42
Local Compliance Order was created by birdgirl42
hi , i am a bit worried as i have had a letter from DWP . it is a local compliance order , they want bank statements etc . i have no idea what it is about . Any ideas ? thanking you in anticipation .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138183 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Local Compliance Order

birdgirl42 wrote: hi , i am a bit worried as i have had a letter from DWP . it is a local compliance order , they want bank statements etc . i have no idea what it is about . Any ideas ? thanking you in anticipation .

Hi bg42,

Several of our members have been receiving these Compliance Interviews recently.

See : This Topic from today.

You could have been chosen at random, my thoughts are that in the majority of cases these Interviews are simply "fishing" exercises by The DWP.

If the interview is at their office you should be able to re-arrange it for your home if you have mobility or other issues that preclude you from going out.

Just provide the documentation that they ask for and all should be fine.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

• janet
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138564 by janet
Replied by janet on topic Local Compliance Order
Hi all I had a visit from the local compliance officer today all is not well she said that I had been reported for living with my partner the man in question is actually someone who cares for me but cannot claim as he works more than 30 hours he often has to stay at mine due to my illness but she wasn't having this she wants his address and work details she wasn't interested in my benefits only to tell me I would be taken to court as they would use survailance on me and it might be better if he moved in she has given me two weeks to think about this I found the whole meeting went as guilty verdict
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago #138567 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Local Compliance Order

janet wrote: Hi all I had a visit from the local compliance officer today all is not well she said that I had been reported for living with my partner the man in question is actually someone who cares for me but cannot claim as he works more than 30 hours he often has to stay at mine due to my illness but she wasn't having this she wants his address and work details she wasn't interested in my benefits only to tell me I would be taken to court as they would use survailance on me and it might be better if he moved in she has given me two weeks to think about this I found the whole meeting went as guilty verdict

Hi J,

If you are not cohabiting with this man I would not be bullied into anything without seeking professional advice.

Where to get advice

Or put Welfare Rights/Advice for your Town/Postcode into Google.

If the man can show that he has his own normal place of residence where he is responsible for all the bills, e.g. Rent, Mortgage, Council Tax, Gas, Electric, Phone Bills, Bank Statements, etc, etc that should help.

You will know if The DWP plan to progress with this matter, as you may be asked to take part in an Interview Under Caution. (IUC)

If it comes to that you really need to consult a Solicitor.

More information on living together can be found in This DWP Decision Makers Guide.

More information on being accused of "Living Together" : Here

I am afraid that being accused of cohabiting is not an issue that we advise on.

bro58

• janet
8 years 9 months ago #138628 by janet
Replied by janet on topic Local Compliance Order
Thanks for your help bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.