× Members

pip change in condition

• rainbowjo
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138182 by rainbowjo
pip change in condition was created by rainbowjo
Hi there,
I was recently awarded standard daily living for pip. My condition changed so Itelephoned dwp to inform them of this, I was then sent the How ur disability affects u form, this was filled out and posted.
I then received a letter from atos saying that my case had been referred to them, I then received another letter saying that another face to face assessment was not required and that my case had been referred back to dwp.
Is this a positive thing and is it unlikely that I'll lose what I was already awarded?
Many thanks
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138187 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip change in condition

rainbowjo wrote: Hi there,
I was recently awarded standard daily living for pip. My condition changed so Itelephoned dwp to inform them of this, I was then sent the How ur disability affects u form, this was filled out and posted.
I then received a letter from atos saying that my case had been referred to them, I then received another letter saying that another face to face assessment was not required and that my case had been referred back to dwp.
Is this a positive thing and is it unlikely that I'll lose what I was already awarded?
Many thanks

Hi rbj,

I am afraid that not needing a face to face with PIP does not really give an indication of what recommendations ATOS have made and returned to The DWP.

My best advice would be to ring the PIP Helpline for an update :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

bro58

• rainbowjo
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138242 by rainbowjo
Replied by rainbowjo on topic pip change in condition
Thank u for response
So technically I could lose what I was originally awarded even tho my condition has got worse?
My award for pip is quite recent so wouldn't it look quite contradicting to have it taken away. I just assumed that the reason I wasn't asked to do another face to face assessment was because my last one was quite recent.
Many thanks

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138243 by bro58

rainbowjo wrote: Thank u for response
So technically I could lose what I was originally awarded even tho my condition has got worse?
My award for pip is quite recent so wouldn't it look quite contradicting to have it taken away. I just assumed that the reason I wasn't asked to do another face to face assessment was because my last one was quite recent.
Many thanks

Hi rbj,

I am afraid that this has already happened to some of our members on PIP review!

See : This Topic.

bro58

• rainbowjo
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138246 by rainbowjo
Replied by rainbowjo on topic pip change in condition
I just looked at topic but it's more in reference to end dates of awards .
I was awarded pip standard daily living in March. The middle of June I was diagnosed with another illness, I reported this to the dwp and they sent me the How does ur disability affect you form, filled in sent back. I then received the atos letter saying they have received my case, next letter from atos saying no f2f was required and that my claim is with dwp awaiting decision.
From doing all this I could lose what I was already awarded?

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138248 by bro58

rainbowjo wrote: I just looked at topic but it's more in reference to end dates of awards .
I was awarded pip standard daily living in March. The middle of June I was diagnosed with another illness, I reported this to the dwp and they sent me the How does ur disability affect you form, filled in sent back. I then received the atos letter saying they have received my case, next letter from atos saying no f2f was required and that my claim is with dwp awaiting decision.
From doing all this I could lose what I was already awarded?

Hi rbj,

Yes, that is possible !!

You are missing the main point from the other linked topic :

"It is covered under Regulation 11 of the PIP Regulations 2013

Re-determination of ability to carry out activities

11. Where it has been determined that C has limited ability or severely limited ability to carry out either or both daily living activities or mobility activities, the Secretary of State may, for any reason and at any time, determine afresh in accordance with regulation 4 whether C continues to have such limited ability or severely limited ability.

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/377/regulation/11/made

As you have reported a Change of Circumstances with regards to a deterioration in your conditions, this will trigger a fresh review of your current PIP Award.

Which in turn will result in a fresh Superceding Decision/Re-Determination.

I am not saying it is probable/likely that you will receive an adverse decision, but it is a possibility, however remote that possibility may be.

We have also heard from members where they have been in receipt of an Enhanced Rate PIP Mobility Award, and requested a Mandatory Reconsideration of their PIP Daily Living, only to lose The Enhanced Rate PIP Mobility Award.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.