× Members

PIP Letter

More
8 years 9 months ago #138229 by Sheila
PIP Letter was created by Sheila
I have just received my letter to transfer to PIP - can anyone tell me if the PIP form takes pain into consideration when walking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138232 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Letter

Sheila wrote: I have just received my letter to transfer to PIP - can anyone tell me if the PIP form takes pain into consideration when walking.

Hi S,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

Yes, suffering "pain" whilst attempting to carry out any of the PIP Activities should be taken into account in the PIP Assessment.

This comes under being able to carry out any of the PIP Activities "Repeatedly" and "Safely"

"Repeatedly means completed as often during the day as the individual activity requires. Consideration needs to be given to the cumulative effects of symptoms such as pain and fatigue – i.e. whether completing the activity adversely affects the individual’s ability to subsequently complete other activities.

Safely means in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to the individual, either directly or through vulnerability to the actions of others; or to another person."

As seen on : This Page.

My best advice would be to first read through our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page) and then re-post with any further queries that you might have.

You could also take our : PIP Self Test which should give you a good idea of your potential PIP entitlement.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.