× Members

DWP Decision Response

More
8 years 9 months ago #138332 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP Decision Response

MarieMarie wrote: Thanks Gordon.
Can I be a represetative and a witness at the hearing? Do I need to inform the court prior to the hearing that I wish to be a representative?I understadn that I inform the clerk on arrival at the court that I am there in capacity of a witness. I understand that the majority of questions will be directed at the claimant but will I get a chance to make a submission? Also I have read that you can attend another persons PIP hearing as a member of the public , hows does one do this?

Yes you can be a representative and a witness, just be careful not present yourself as a professional Representative as the court will have expectations of you that you will not be able to fulfil.

If you want to attend a hearing to see how it works then you should start by contacting the Clerk of the Court at a suitable venue, they can advise you of what hearings are being held and whether there would be any objections to your attending,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.