× Members

DWP Decision Response

More
8 years 9 months ago #138332 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP Decision Response

MarieMarie wrote: Thanks Gordon.
Can I be a represetative and a witness at the hearing? Do I need to inform the court prior to the hearing that I wish to be a representative?I understadn that I inform the clerk on arrival at the court that I am there in capacity of a witness. I understand that the majority of questions will be directed at the claimant but will I get a chance to make a submission? Also I have read that you can attend another persons PIP hearing as a member of the public , hows does one do this?

Yes you can be a representative and a witness, just be careful not present yourself as a professional Representative as the court will have expectations of you that you will not be able to fulfil.

If you want to attend a hearing to see how it works then you should start by contacting the Clerk of the Court at a suitable venue, they can advise you of what hearings are being held and whether there would be any objections to your attending,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris