× Members

PIP appointment within one week??

More
8 years 9 months ago #138270 by vanilla01
PIP appointment within one week?? was created by vanilla01
Hello,

After recently being put into the ESA Support, (18month award) I recently applied for PIP.
I am now rarely able to go out and rely so heavily on my Husband for assistance for the most basic tasks. He had to complete the application form, as I cannot hold a pen for no more than a few words. I returned the form with almost 30 hospital reports to date, documenting the diagnosis and deterioration in my condition since my accident. I am writing, as yesterday I received an appointment for this Sunday....Just over a week after I returned my 'How your disability affects you form'!

I wondered if this was ever heard of or if I was just extremely lucky. Should I read anything into this? I had a pre-booked appointment with the GP, who is writing a letter documenting my complex condition and how it severely impairs my daily life (as I doubt they would of been able to request a report in the last week). I will take this along with two most recent letters from my consultant/clinical psychologist that arrived after the application was submitted. I have read your guides and know my pain and physical function (lack of) will be evident, but I am still very nervous. I would be grateful for your feedback on any similar experiences.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tracy
8 years 9 months ago #138315 by tracy
Replied by tracy on topic PIP appointment within one week??
Hi Vanilla01,

I was worried also as my son had just sent his PIP form back and with in-days received his appointment. I think that they are more or less getting up to speed with the time scale that should be in-place and it seems a shock because of how long the appointments where taking to come through. As for information take as much as you can to the assessment as the assessor will take them from you and use to help write the report. I hope this has help as I know how it feels needing answers. Good luck.

Tracy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.