× Members

PIP assessment

• tracy
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #138255 by tracy
pip assessment was created by tracy
Dear all,

My 16 year old has his Atos assessment tomorrow, he is autistic. what will happen if he will not talk to or even go into the room with the Assesser? I have phoned and asked but the question was not really answered so none the wiser. :huh:

Thanks Tracy :

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138257 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip assessment

tracy wrote: Dear all,

My 16 year old has his Atos assessment tomorrow, he is autistic. what will happen if he will not talk to or even go into the room with the Assesser? I have phoned and asked but the question was not really answered so none the wiser. :huh:

Thanks Tracy :

Is someone going with him to the assessment?

If he is unable to express his problems or is unaware of them then it should be possible for a companion to speak on his behalf, but I would not rush to do this, allow the assessor to realise that there is a problem.

Have a look at the PIP Claim guide, there is a section towards the back that covers the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• tracy
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #138260 by tracy
Replied by tracy on topic pip assessment
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the reply looked at the PIP claims guide but nothing really saying any thing about ( if a person will not talk to or even go in the room for the assessment). Will just have to see what happens as I am going with him, but knowing him like I do he will not speak to them, so they will most likely look at this as a no show.

Tracy

• tracy
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #138303 by tracy
Replied by tracy on topic PIP assessment
Dear All,

My Autistic son had his PIP assessment today, it seemed to go well however you never know lots of trick questions asked to him and my husband stated that he was aware of them being asked. My question now however is at the end the Assessor asked T to remember 3 items and later she would ask him what they where, to fold paper in to 3 halves which he did to perfection and count backwards from 100 going down in 7's, which he could not so he was asked to do it in 1's from 100 to 93 which he did. The assessor seemed over excited that T had been on holiday,( I felt just because you are Autistic does not mean you can not have a holiday). But I think it may go against him. :angry:

Tracy.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.