× Members

DLA / PIP

• JULIE TUGWELL
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138304 by JULIE TUGWELL
DLA / PIP was created by JULIE TUGWELL
In September 2010 I was awarded DLA at the middle rate for care and the lower rate for mobility for 3 years. At the end of the 3 years it was taken away from me... I appealed and lost, mainly because I was misdiagnosed and the panel refused to see that. I then applied for PIP and was awarded it at the enhanced rates for both care and mobility. Now, nothing has got any worse, in fact, in general I am better than I was when it was taken away from me. Is there any recourse? Can I do something about the time they took it away from me (about 2 years) and made life so difficult?

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be so grateful. Its not really about the money, although it is a substantial amount, it is about the fact that for two years I had to survive on the bare minimum and it was unbelievably difficult... it made an already awful situation a million times worse.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138307 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA / PIP
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

As the adverse DLA Tribunal decision seems to be some two years ago, you are way outside the time limits to challenge that decision by seeking leave to appeal to The Upper Tier Tribunal. (UTT)

Even if you were within the time scales allowed, you would had to have shown that The First Tier Tribunal (FTT) had erred in law in coming to their decision.

The first step in that appeals process would have been to request a Written Statement of Reasons for the adverse decision from The FTT within one month of the date of the FTT Decision Notice letter.

What is an Error of Law?

Tribunals – Requesting a Written Statement of Reasons

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.