× Members

Fit note!

More
8 years 9 months ago #138338 by tedthered64
Fit note! was created by tedthered64
Hi,
Posted a fit note on the 14th, which was the date I made a claim for ESA, the note covers me up until the 31st of this month. Payment was due in my account today but not there because they have not yet processed the note! What a ridiculous system it is when it takes so long to process a note! I'm told they will make a sane day payment pagan they have processed it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138340 by tedthered64
Replied by tedthered64 on topic Fit note!

tedthered64 wrote: Hi,
Posted a fit note on the 14th, which was the date I made a claim for ESA, the note covers me up until the 31st of this month. Payment was due in my account today but not there because they have not yet processed the note! What a ridiculous system it is when it takes so long to process a note! I'm told they will make a sane day payment pagan they have processed it.

Sorry about the typo, should have said, same day payment when the note is processed, apologies.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138342 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Fit note!
Hi t64,

Yes, The DWP are not known for rushing themselves !

ESA is generally paid fortnightly in arrears :

Benefit payment dates

Don't be surprised if your first ESA "manual" payment shows up as being JSA in your Bank Account payee reference.

This is normal for a first or manual ESA payment, after that it should appear as EESA.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138345 by tedthered64
Replied by tedthered64 on topic Fit note!
Seems so, thanks for the quick reply

• Marcia
8 years 9 months ago #138388 by Marcia
Replied by Marcia on topic Fit note!
Hiya,
I went through the same thing, and quite agree!! I was told that it takes 9 working days for them to receive your "fit note" because its first port of call is to a Post Handling Site, it then gets scanned onto their system, and passed onto the relevant DWP centre in your payment area!! Nightmare!!! :(

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.