× Members

ESA QUERIES: ESA2 FORM HELP

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138344 by zeynab
ESA QUERIES: ESA2 FORM HELP was created by zeynab
Dear Benefits & Works Admins,

Before I pose my queries, I would just like to say a *HUGE* Thank-you, as I came across your website a year or so ago when I was faced with the challenge of filling in the PIP claim for,m. My brother was previously a DLA claimant, and without the user-friendly guides and the DWP 'jargon-demystifying' guides in plain English was a God-send!

So, I know users of this forum and your guides have said it before but, as a wise man once said: 'Those who aren't thankful to the people, are thus unthankful to God!'

My query:
My brother recently received a ESA2 Form, and he's been claiming ESA since Augst-Sept 2012 when we was hospitalised and unfit for work-which is also still the case.

Unlike the ES50 claim form which is used for making initial ESA claims, but what is the purpose of this (ESA2) form, is it merely just an updated form that they can use to update the initial ES50 form that was submitted by the case workers when my brother was in hospital (Augst-Sept 2012), or is it just to see if he is fit for work?

I'm really confused, if anyone can provide any information, that would be good, inshaA' Allaah.

z.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138347 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA QUERIES: ESA2 FORM HELP

zeynab wrote: Dear Benefits & Works Admins,

Before I pose my queries, I would just like to say a *HUGE* Thank-you, as I came across your website a year or so ago when I was faced with the challenge of filling in the PIP claim for,m. My brother was previously a DLA claimant, and without the user-friendly guides and the DWP 'jargon-demystifying' guides in plain English was a God-send!

So, I know users of this forum and your guides have said it before but, as a wise man once said: 'Those who aren't thankful to the people, are thus unthankful to God!'

My query:
My brother recently received a ESA2 Form, and he's been claiming ESA since Augst-Sept 2012 when we was hospitalised and unfit for work-which is also still the case.

Unlike the ES50 claim form which is used for making initial ESA claims, but what is the purpose of this (ESA2) form, is it merely just an updated form that they can use to update the initial ES50 form that was submitted by the case workers when my brother was in hospital (Augst-Sept 2012), or is it just to see if he is fit for work?

I'm really confused, if anyone can provide any information, that would be good, inshaA' Allaah.

z.

Hi z,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, they are much appreciated by all at B&W ! :)

Unlike the ESA50 which is used as part of The ESA WCA to assess/reassess your limitations to help determine which "group" of ESA that you are placed into, (WRAG or SG) The ESA 2 Form or indeed The ESA 3 Form are used to review your financial and personal circumstances to ensure that there have been no changes with regards to the above and that you are receiving the correct amount of benefit.

Several of our members have received ESA 2/ESA 3 Forms in recent times, and my advice would be to fill it in and return it by any deadline date given :

Sending Documents to the DWP.

On the premise that there have been no changes, it is likely that you will hear no more once it is returned.

See this previous query regarding The ESA 2 Form : Here.

Cheers

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.