× Members

Clarity on DLA to PIP process.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138396 by Doris
Clarity on DLA to PIP process. was created by Doris
I've had a read through the latest PIP guide, and wondered if it would be possible for one of the moderators to clarify my understanding on the following points.

1) Can the PIP1 form be filled in online, and if so is there a URL address. Or is it still a telephone application or physical form.

2) When completing the PIP1 form, if its requested that "I want you to use all the medical evidence from my DLA claim", will that include any ESA report, or would it be best to select only the individual items. In this instance, all evidence that was submitted and used for the current DLA & ESA claim was very strong, likewise so was the ESA report.

3) Is the ‘How your disability affects you’ form the PIP2 form ?, or has that changed, and is it available in PDF format to download.

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138410 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Clarity on DLA to PIP process.
Doris

To answer your questions

1. There is no online version of the PIP1 form, it can either be competed over the phone when you make a claim or you can request a paper copy is sent to you and complete it your self.

2, It only refers to your previous DLA information but this does not stop the DWP or the Assessment Provider from using information from your ESA claim, however, it is unusual for them to do this so you might want to include this information with your PIP 2 form, whilst there are some similarities between the Descriptors there are also significant differences so you might want to draw the attention of the assessor and the Decision Maker to those areas that you believe are relevant.

3. Yes the PIP2 form is the "how your disability affects you" form. The PIP2 is not available for download, it is stamped with a bar code unique to the claimant and must be used to document your limitations, however, you can attach additional sheets to it as necessary if you are unable to fit your responses in the comments box.

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus, ATOS or Capita

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #138413 by Doris
Replied by Doris on topic Clarity on DLA to PIP process.
Many thanks Gorden.

One last thing, the guide states "Once you have completed the telephone interview you will be sent a copy of the completed form to check, sign and return."

Is a copy of the completed PIP1 to be signed, sent out with the PIP2 and do both have to be returned within the 28 days period, or does the signed completed PIP1 have to be returned earlier.

The reason I ask, is my partner will be going away for two weeks the day after he completes the PIP over the telephone, so they're concerned the completed PIP1 will have to be returned during the absent period.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138416 by Gordon
Doris

If the PIP1 is sent out for signature, it isn't always sent, then I would not expect the PIP2 to be issued until the PIP1 form is returned, there is no defined timescale for your doing this but as only a signature is required the DWP will likely expect it to be returned within a week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #138418 by Doris
Replied by Doris on topic Clarity on DLA to PIP process.
Is it likely the DWP will give an extension for the return of the form if a signature is required ?

More
8 years 9 months ago #138419 by Gordon

Doris wrote: Is it likely the DWP will give an extension for the return of the form if a signature is required ?

The simplest thing is for you to make them aware that your husband will be away and see what they say.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Doris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.