× Members

PIP reconsideration statement of evidence

More
8 years 9 months ago #138397 by Eggcustard
PIP reconsideration statement of evidence was created by Eggcustard
Hi,

I have asked for a reconsideration of my PIP decision. I asked for copies of the reports. Is there a time scale for DWP sending these? Also, should I have asked for a statement of reasons for the decision or are the reports the same thing?? I have 2 weeks until my month runs out and I don't even have the reports yet, if I ask for a statement now I don't think it would come in time for me to look at it,

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138411 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP reconsideration statement of evidence

Eggcustard wrote: Hi,

I have asked for a reconsideration of my PIP decision. I asked for copies of the reports. Is there a time scale for DWP sending these? Also, should I have asked for a statement of reasons for the decision or are the reports the same thing?? I have 2 weeks until my month runs out and I don't even have the reports yet, if I ask for a statement now I don't think it would come in time for me to look at it,

Thanks.

I am afraid that there is no timescale for the DWP to supply these documents, you can switch to a Subject Access Request, whilst this should result in the documents being sent within 40 calendar days it is unlikely that this will be processed in less than 10 working days.

If you are asking for a SoR in regard a PIP claim then you should have already received one with the Decision Letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #138465 by Eggcustard
Replied by Eggcustard on topic PIP reconsideration statement of evidence
Thanks for that info, they really do make it as difficult as possible!

I asked for the reconsideration straight away, is there a deadline for me sending in my new evidence? would it be the month from the decision letter?

Thanks a lot, you are doing a great job!!

More
8 years 9 months ago #138475 by Gordon

Eggcustard wrote: Thanks for that info, they really do make it as difficult as possible!

I asked for the reconsideration straight away, is there a deadline for me sending in my new evidence? would it be the month from the decision letter?

Thanks a lot, you are doing a great job!!

They should give you four weeks from when you made the request for the MR but we recommend sending it in as early as possible and if possible before the three week mark.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #138510 by Eggcustard
Replied by Eggcustard on topic PIP reconsideration statement of evidence
Thanks for that, i can't really write much in terms of evidence though because I am still waiting for the medical report from the assessor. The helpline keep saying they have no idea when it will be sent so I don't know whether to just send in what I have (which isn't much) or wait a bit longer, I think I will wait until the end of the week. How can people send in evidence when they haven't seen the report? It's crazy and impossible. Does everyone else have this problem, does this usually happen?

thanks.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138524 by Gordon

Eggcustard wrote: Thanks for that, i can't really write much in terms of evidence though because I am still waiting for the medical report from the assessor. The helpline keep saying they have no idea when it will be sent so I don't know whether to just send in what I have (which isn't much) or wait a bit longer, I think I will wait until the end of the week. How can people send in evidence when they haven't seen the report? It's crazy and impossible. Does everyone else have this problem, does this usually happen?

thanks.

Usually the DWP are pretty good at sending out the assessment report.

You can issue a Subject Access Request for the information, whilst it should guarantee that the report is sent within the 40 calendar days allowed, it is unlikely to be dealt with immediately as it can take as much as 10 days for a letter to get through the DWP mail system.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.