× Members

PIP assessment MOBILITY blunder!

• Royalty
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #138440 by Royalty
PIP assessment MOBILITY blunder! was created by Royalty
Hello everyone,

I had my assessment earlier this week. I'm feeling very depressed because I believe I carelessly messed up the only mobility question I was asked.

First of all my assessment only lasted 10 minutes, is this allowed/normal?
When I politely queried about this with the assessor she advised that there was no need for the session to take more 45 min-1hr because I've already stated my condition in my application & my health care professionals will be contacted.

Now this is what is stressing me out:

In my application, I stated that I could not walk more than 20 metres.

During my interview I was asked how many minutes I could walk without feeling any pain? Before I could answer the assessor said "5-7 minutes...?" I replied saying I don't really know the exact time but I cannot walk more than 20 metres without feeling any pain.

She then responded saying, "ok, 5-7 minutes then!"
Foolishly, because I had never thought about the time, I said yes.

That was the only mobility question I was asked. She then ended the interview by examining how I move my ankles/legs.

I'm very concerned, as I believe the decision makers will view a 5-7 minute walk being more than 20 metres.

Can you please advise me on the most likely outcome of this assessment & options I have in challenging my experience ?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138469 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment MOBILITY blunder!
Royalty

Welcome to the forum.

It's almost impossible to predict the Decision from how the assessment went, we have had members who thought it went extremely well receive no award and others who thought it to be a disaster, receive the Enhanced rate for both components.

By answering 5-7 minutes it is likely that the assessor will report that you can walk about 100m, however, it is the DWP Decision Maker who will decide your claim, whilst they do rely heavily on the assessment report they will also look at your own evidence to see which is the more likely to be correct.

I'm afraid you will have to wait and see what the result is, you should hear in about two week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Royalty
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #138516 by Royalty
Replied by Royalty on topic PIP assessment MOBILITY blunder!
Thank you Gordon.
I'm so nervous

More
8 years 9 months ago #138528 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment MOBILITY blunder!

Royalty wrote: Thank you Gordon.
I'm so nervous

The DWP is processing most PIP Decision in about two weeks so you hopefully won't have to wait too long.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.