× Members

Early rollout of PIP for DLA claimants in chosen p

More
8 years 9 months ago #138444 by John Raymond
Hi everyone,
I was studying the DWP Publication Re,Myths and Truths about PIP.
As you know the DWP as from this month have began to reassess, from "randomly chosen"claimants of DLA (indefinite award) onto PIP.The postcode areas are mainly in the North West and Midlands.
The DWP document explains that if claimants had not been chosen in these areas from the random selection they would be contacted between 2015 and 2017..It made no mention of the rest of the country. Does this mean then that once the random selections/reassessments have been completed in these postcode areas the DLA indefinite award claimants in these areas only will be processed first between 2015 and 2017?
It strikes me that now two years after the introduction of PIP ATOS,TheDWP,and the American organisation that replaced CAPITA are going to have three times the amount of work to do than before.They all didn't cope cohen and there are still huge backlogs.
The times the work because,
1)PIP claimants on two year reassessments from 2014 are now coming back into the St stem for the second time
2)There are on going new PIP claims
3)I Indefinite award DLA claimants will now have to be reassessed.
The DWP also stated that those claimants who reaches 65 after April 2013 would be the first to be reassessed or at least would be invited to .
No mention of this at moment. Add to all this Mr.G.Osborne allowing a slowIING of welfare reform implementation and it could be that indeed it will take years for the 4.8 million people on DLA to be reassessed. Kate Green MP.Estimates up to 40 years.
Any comments
Raymond
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 9 months ago #138494 by Gordon
RL

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

At this time it is not clear how the DWP will roll-out the re-assessment of claimants with indefinite DLA awards, it is possible that this will follow the same route as PIP for new claims, where postcodes are announced on a regular basis, but as of today (end July 2015) there is nothing to confirm this.

As more information becomes available we will of course make members aware of it.

To be clear, Capita has not been replaced as a PIP Assessment Provider, I think you may be referring to Maximus (CHDA) who have replaced ATOS in regard to ESA assessments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
8 years 9 months ago #138547 by John Raymond
Replied by John Raymond on topic Early rollout of PIP for DLA claimants in chosen p
Hi Gordon,
thanks for that prompt reply.Are you familiar with The DWP "Myths and Truths"/Questions and answers document, and the section to which I refer Re "Pilot"postcode areas in the random selection of indefinite claimants.
The wording very much suggests that it is in these areas only that all indefinite awardees will be processed between 2015 and 2017,after the random selections are done
We are talking about maybe hundreds of thousands of people here or more, all in all in major conurbations in large towns and cities.
There is no mention in this document of the over 65s as from 2013being contacted first as the DWP said they would.
In the light of tripling of the assessment workload as I pointed out in my original post,it would seem very likely to me that it is the pilot postcode areas which will will be cleared of all claimants first,ie New PIP claims,reasssement of PIP claimants with a two year award, AND of course both the randomly selected DLA indefinite claimants and the rest of the indefinite awardees,in these chosen postcode cares. A huge job.
It is also interseting to note that these areas were chosen because they had "Spare capacity "for handling claims suggesting that other ares of the country areas cannot cope with deluge of claimants and administration difficulties with ATOS and Maxima,and of course the DWP ,as it is let alone with a now tripling of ther workload !!!!
It seems that Kate Green MP s suggestions g that the entire reasssement may take tens of years to complete may not be that farfetched. .Many unknowns of course as you correctly point out but I would welcome your analysis of my analysis of the sI tuition.
Many thanks
Raymond
More
8 years 9 months ago #138568 by Gordon
JR

I don't think anybody, including the DWP, but with the likely notable exception of IDS, expects this project to be completed on time.

As we seem to have moved from a question about how the transfer might work to speculation about the timescales, I am locking this topic to further posts.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Raymond
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.