× Members

factual report for PIP

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138451 by LilacGem
factual report for PIP was created by LilacGem
Hi I'm awaiting the brown envelope for my DLA to be reassessed into PIP :(

Can anyone tell me please if they (Capita/DWP) will definitely ask my GP to fill out the 'Factual Report' form?

So for example is it automatic that they send him that, or do they only do it if they haven't had medical evidence from him already... - So if he writes me a good supportive letter will they still request this 'factual report' thing?

thanks
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #138460 by
Replied by on topic factual report for PIP

Camly91 wrote: Hi I'm awaiting the brown envelope for my DLA to be reassessed into PIP :(

Can anyone tell me please if they (Capita/DWP) will definitely ask my GP to fill out the 'Factual Report' form?

So for example is it automatic that they send him that, or do they only do it if they haven't had medical evidence from him already... - So if he writes me a good supportive letter will they still request this 'factual report' thing?

thanks

Hi C91,

No, it is by no means a definite that DWP/Capita will contact your G.P. with a request to fill out a PIP GPFR, even if you provide your G.P. contact details and request that they do contact them.

DWP/Capita (ATOS) are not legally bound to do so, this is why we advise that claimants should obtain their own supporting evidence and include copy of it with The PIP 2 Form.

DWP/Capita "may" still contact your G.P., even if you provide good supporting evidence.

There is no hard and fast rule regarding when/whether they will request Further Medical Evidence, (FME) it's entirely at their discretion.

See : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

&

PIP Self Test

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

More
8 years 9 months ago #138467 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic factual report for PIP
thanks bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.