× Members

PIP Mobility and Mental Health

More
8 years 9 months ago #138452 by ka
PIP Mobility and Mental Health was created by ka
I am wondering if members are having any success of scoring the more than 4 points on the mobility descriptors. I have just received my DLA to PIP decision and received Enhanced Rate Care but no Mobility Component. I have read into this in detail and realise that their assessment guide states conditions such as anxiety should not be considered for the 8 and 12 points descriptors. I also realise that a recent tribunal decision ruled that these conditions may be considered. So I am just wondering whether to appeal and what success people have had at tribunal regarding this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138473 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Mobility and Mental Health

ka wrote: I am wondering if members are having any success of scoring the more than 4 points on the mobility descriptors. I have just received my DLA to PIP decision and received Enhanced Rate Care but no Mobility Component. I have read into this in detail and realise that their assessment guide states conditions such as anxiety should not be considered for the 8 and 12 points descriptors. I also realise that a recent tribunal decision ruled that these conditions may be considered. So I am just wondering whether to appeal and what success people have had at tribunal regarding this.

We've had at least one member win at appeal using the information in the PIP Claim guide, although several others have lost.

The UTT Decision is only about a week old so there has been no chance to see how effective it will be.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #138478 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic PIP Mobility and Mental Health
Hello ka,

I had my tribunal hearing on July 7th, and went from zero points for mobility to scoring 10 points for Planning and Following Journey (d. Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid).

In my case, I had only scored 2 points for Daily Living, so really had nothing to lose by taking it to tribunal (I also got standard rate for that at the tribunal).

I hope this helps you. Good luck.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138483 by carmind
Replied by carmind on topic PIP Mobility and Mental Health
Can you provide details of this decision?

More
8 years 9 months ago #138497 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Mobility and Mental Health

carmind wrote: Can you provide details of this decision?

There are actually two Decision, one for and one against, have a look at the following which has an overview and links to the full Decisions.

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2013/nov...d-decision-summaries

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: carmind

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.