× Members

PIP - Mixing with other people / Going out

More
8 years 9 months ago #138463 by Gopherd02
Hello all,
As I've mentioned, I have received my brown envelope as my PIP award is being reviewed. I'm making my way through the form and should have it done in time for their deadline of 7 August.

With regards to questions 11 and 13 (mixing with other people and going out, respectively) can anybody provide me with some additional guidance?

I'm now using my notes to type up my full answer for question 11 but I've noticed that lots of information for question 11 could also overlap or repeat information relevant to question 13 (mixing with other people) because a lot of going out involved mixing with other people.

Can anyone tell me if its worth repeating myself if I'm making statements that I've previously made in other questions. For clarity one statement from the B&W guide which I think could apply to both are: "I virtually never go to new places and would not attend a social event under any circumstances".

I suppose what I'm asking is what's the biggest different between the two activities, what should go where and should I repeat something I've already written if I think it's relevant?

Thank you all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138474 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP - Mixing with other people / Going out
Gopherd02

The assessor and DM will treat each activity separately, you cannot assume that they will make the link between the problems you have one with activity and similar issues with another, so it is perfectly acceptable to repeat your self on the claim form.

Question 11 is in regard Daily Living whereas Question 13 is for Mobility.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.