× Members

deductions

More
8 years 9 months ago #138466 by maggieomx
deductions was created by maggieomx
Hiya im on top rate mobility and standard rate care and on Esa.i live in my own.home and paying my mortgage with help from DWP for the intrest.
My son has broken.up with.his partner and iv got a funny feeling he is going to ask to move in with me.
he is working but has to give his home up.
has any one and info of how much money i would be deducted from my benefits by DWP.
Dont want to contact them yet in case it dosent happen. Would i lose much ? with what they deduct any help or ideas would be greatfull . thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138495 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic deductions

maggieomx wrote: Hiya im on top rate mobility and standard rate care and on Esa.i live in my own.home and paying my mortgage with help from DWP for the intrest.
My son has broken.up with.his partner and iv got a funny feeling he is going to ask to move in with me.
he is working but has to give his home up.
has any one and info of how much money i would be deducted from my benefits by DWP.
Dont want to contact them yet in case it dosent happen. Would i lose much ? with what they deduct any help or ideas would be greatfull . thanks

Your DLA/PIP will not be affected as it is not a means tested benefit and is in your name only.

Whether your ESA will be affected will be dependant on how your payments are made up and whether your receive any Premiums.

It will not effect any Contribution Based ESA as this is in your name only, but any Income Related ESA may be effected.

If you are receiving the Severe Disability Premium then your son moving in will remove your eligibility unless he is also receiving a suitable DLA or PIP award.

Any money he pays you for food and board may be treated as income.

If your ESA(IR) payments are fully eroded then your mortgage support will also stop.

If you receive Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax assistance then this will likely be effected and if you receive a reduction to your Council Tax for living alone then this will stop as well.

I would recommend that you get face to face advice before allowing him to move in so that a trained advisor can give your an accurate estimate of how your benefits would be effected. Do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: maggieomx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.