× Members

DLA to PIP Home Face to Face today

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138476 by Mincub
DLA to PIP Home Face to Face today was created by Mincub
D Day has finally arrived and I am having a face to face consultation today.
My husband will be taking notes and we have done everything we can to be prepared but of course still have all the stress and worry that if If I am downgraded or lose out completely we will lose the car which is a WAV and my only access in and out of the village where I live.
There is a very limited bus service, which does not run a low floor service so my powerchair is in able to access it, leaving me stuck in the back of beyond.
Also, I am concerned that if I don't manage to migrate over to the high care rate, I won't be able to afford my PA anymore.
My doctor scoffed when I recently voiced my concerns over the situation with the comments ' if you don't get it nobody will? And there's no justice if you don't'! Truth is though we all know there is no justice ...just us.
Today is going to be interesting to say the least, my face to face is down for between 10.30 to 12.30.
I will update you all after the grim reaper has been.

If you don't stand for something,
You'll fall for anything!
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #138488 by

Mincub wrote: D Day has finally arrived and I am having a face to face consultation today.
My husband will be taking notes and we have done everything we can to be prepared but of course still have all the stress and worry that if If I am downgraded or lose out completely we will lose the car which is a WAV and my only access in and out of the village where I live.
There is a very limited bus service, which does not run a low floor service so my powerchair is in able to access it, leaving me stuck in the back of beyond.
Also, I am concerned that if I don't manage to migrate over to the high care rate, I won't be able to afford my PA anymore.
My doctor scoffed when I recently voiced my concerns over the situation with the comments ' if you don't get it nobody will? And there's no justice if you don't'! Truth is though we all know there is no justice ...just us.
Today is going to be interesting to say the least, my face to face is down for between 10.30 to 12.30.
I will update you all after the grim reaper has been.

Hi Mc,

If you have to use a wheelchair/power wheelchair and do not do so by choice, an Enhanced Mobility Award should be assured.

Good luck and please let us know how it went !

bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138514 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic DLA to PIP Home Face to Face today
Hello bro58,

Sorry to bother you but you said :

''If you have to use a wheelchair/power wheelchair and do not do so by choice, an Enhanced Mobility Award should be assured''

I hadnt read this anywhere, unless I am too thick to comprehend it. The reason I mention this is because my husband has to use a wheelchair that has been supplied to him by the NHS after a referral from our GP. He does not have to use it 100% of the time (its one that I have to push by the way as he cant wheel one himself) but he does have to use if 50% of his time.

It was not his choice to obtain one but he does have to use one. In your opinion, should this mean an Enhanced Mobility Award?

Thanks in advance, and for all your past help too of course (all the Mods that is).

Mrs Bill
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

8 years 9 months ago #138519 by

Bill wrote: Hello bro58,

Sorry to bother you but you said :

''If you have to use a wheelchair/power wheelchair and do not do so by choice, an Enhanced Mobility Award should be assured''

I hadnt read this anywhere, unless I am too thick to comprehend it. The reason I mention this is because my husband has to use a wheelchair that has been supplied to him by the NHS after a referral from our GP. He does not have to use it 100% of the time (its one that I have to push by the way as he cant wheel one himself) but he does have to use if 50% of his time.

It was not his choice to obtain one but he does have to use one. In your opinion, should this mean an Enhanced Mobility Award?

Thanks in advance, and for all your past help too of course (all the Mods that is).

Mrs Bill

Hi Mrs B,

Have a read through This Post which should hopefully clarify it for you.

If you are still unsure, please repost to this topic and we will endeavour to make it clearer.

bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago #138556 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic DLA to PIP Home Face to Face today
Nice one bro, that says it all for us, thank you very much indeed, as always.

Mrs Bill
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.