× Members

PIP MEDICAL ASSESSMENT

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138477 by Kat10
PIP MEDICAL ASSESSMENT was created by Kat10
Hi
I have just got a letter from DWP confirming receipt of my claim and that I will be contacted re my consultation within 16 weeks. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the average time scale is at the moment (I am based in NW) and whether the ATOS estimate reliable.
Many thanks
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138489 by
Replied by on topic PIP MEDICAL ASSESSMENT

Kat10 wrote: Hi
I have just got a letter from DWP confirming receipt of my claim and that I will be contacted re my consultation within 16 weeks. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the average time scale is at the moment (I am based in NW) and whether the ATOS estimate reliable.
Many thanks
Melanie

Hi K10,

Not sure of the situation in The NW, but we have heard from several members recently where they have received an appointment for a PIP Consultation within a week or so of receipt of their claim.

Of course, it is not a definite that a face to face will be needed if ATOS feel that you have provide enough information for them to make a paper based recommendation.

bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138558 by Kat10
Replied by Kat10 on topic PIP MEDICAL ASSESSMENT
Thank you for your reply and helpful advice. I have been trying to obtain new evidence and my appointment is in 4mnts (no quicker private either - not that I could afford it).

I don't suppose that you would be able to remove my name on my original question, I can't seem to find an edit option.

Krs

Kat10

8 years 9 months ago #138562 by
Replied by on topic PIP MEDICAL ASSESSMENT

Kat10 wrote: Thank you for your reply and helpful advice. I have been trying to obtain new evidence and my appointment is in 4mnts (no quicker private either - not that I could afford it).

I don't suppose that you would be able to remove my name on my original question, I can't seem to find an edit option.

Krs

Kat10

Hi K10,

Name removed from bottom of your first post ! :)

Please keep us updated.

bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago #138583 by Kat10
Replied by Kat10 on topic PIP MEDICAL ASSESSMENT
Will do and thanks again :)

More
8 years 9 months ago #138589 by Katykat
Replied by Katykat on topic PIP MEDICAL ASSESSMENT
I sent my claim form in on 8th July, got a letter of confirmation on 15th telling me approx 16 weeks wait then had letter on 17th with appointment for 31st. Unfortunately the appt on 31st was for a centre 65 miles away for 9am. No way could I have made it. I was dreading ringing to change it as I believed that they would class it as a refusal. But the guy I spoke to couldn't have been nicer. He completely agreed and gave me a date for 6th Aug in my home town. In fact he gave me a choice of dates & times. I am in the NW.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.