× Members

PIP Mobility points help

More
8 years 9 months ago #138511 by incognito
PIP Mobility points help was created by incognito
Hello

Was hoping for some more help please.
I may sound ungrateful but that is not my intention because i am awaiting my decision from ESA who recently sent me an application form for Severe disability entitlement (something like that!) & i may be entitled but i sent the application form back with "No" for most answers plus a note explaining why i feel i am not entitled to this Benefit & i kindly refused my application for someone more deserving. Yes not a great amount but trying to put across it's not only about money but who is entitled , deservedly , for these Benefits & receive them.

Now a bit of hypocrisy as my query is this ; i was pretty much immediately put on PIP after a very short call from a lovely lady but i am just reading though my Mobility component & Planning and following journeys i got a score of 4 for needing prompting etc etc to avoid any significant mental distress. This gives you a score of 4

now MOVING AROUND; You can stand more than 200metres either aided or unaided. this gives you a score of 0

My point is this & now with added 1st hand experience , i never mentioned to either my Dr or the lady that i drive a car & now know from trying on several occasions to my distress that i cannot walk anywhere near 50 metres at what would be considered a Reasonable pace before my Chronic pain in my chest becomes that severe i need my GTS Spray & i am turning my TENS Device/Aid up to usually no avail & inhaler used!

This is not my Primary ailment its 1 of the side effects from my ischemic heart disease but i have been suffering Chronic Pain on a constant basis , i am sitting typing now in pain.
I was given the TENS Device/Aid on 1 of my visits to the Hospital & GTS Spray from another ailment

Therefore i have tried on 12 occasions to walk at a reasonable pace (keeping a diary & how i felt on each & every occasion before/during/afterwards )

1-12 = Pain , in constant Chronic pain , i wear my TENS Device daily but only helps slightly
Pain putting boots on
Pain putting a light jacket on ( done this every night when no one around , no not creepy but i suffer Panic attacks therefore was only time i could try this experiment)
Drove across to local golf course knowing the length of 18th hole which has footpath running right alongside & already in pain i began slowly getting to reasonable pace within 10 strides , more pain getting worse but kept walking until i thought " Thats it no more!"

Done the above for 12 nights around same time.
Was just around the 50 metre mark when it became to severe but was already in pain driving to golf course.

My question is should i contact them and explain in a little more detail that i have a car (Y plate mondeo my son bought me for my health purposes) as believe it or not i was worried they would think i needed no money as he can run a car when reality is that i only use it for going to my Drs , any health appointments , my chemist & have 2000 miles down on my insurance mileage when last year it was just over 540 miles driven within the policy year.
I only use it because i cannot get on buses taxis or even friends cars at times & as i am getting on a bit have found out my walking distance without suffering any pain or distress as 0 to onwards where it becomes unbearable & i need to stop

Plus i use a Sat-nav & i am talking using it in the city i have stayed all my life but need it if going anywhere!!

This may sound a bit daft but i am quite happy with my entitlement but if i am entitled to a benefit where i score 0 for Moving Around but feel their decision is wrong as my Dr knows & due to this not being my Primary illness may have forgot to mention in his phone call to the lady for PIP that i have attended hospital where they gave me the TENS Device as an Aid for my Chronic pain , a pain which is constant no relief just different levels of pain with my next appointment for this ailment mid August

So what should i do shut up say nothing or bring it to their attention i feel their decision is wrong but i really do not want any more assessments therefore any advice would be more than welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138527 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Mobility points help
incognito

It is up to you whether you want to challenge the Decision :)

Doing so will open up your Daily Living award to revision as well. the likelihood that it will be effected is low but we do have members that have lost their award when challenging a Mobility Decision.

If you want to go ahead then you would need to request a Mandatory Reconsideration with the DWP office that dealt with your claim. The PIP Appeal guide explains how to do this and has template letters that you can use.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Your post suggests that you did not mention, at least in detail, your problems with Moving Around, this may count against you, but does not prohibit you being successful.

If I were to make one comment, your "walking test" is too complicated, PIP looks at your ability to stand and then to walk a distance, your driving to a place in order to walk is complicating the results you have collated and is therefore making it less likely that your problems will be accepted. You would be far better measuring a distance in your home or garden and walking that.

Remember, all of the PIP activities must be done reliably and for the majority of days, if you cannot achieve this then you should score points but you do need to explain in detail the problems that you have.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: incognito

More
8 years 9 months ago #138536 by incognito
Replied by incognito on topic PIP Mobility points help
Thank you Gordon

More i think about it the more i think "what for?"
I have other problems which all i really want is peace & rest with no pressure , stresses!
No DWP continually harassing myself .

I Am awaiting to hear back from my ESA Claim which hopefully shall be in the Support group then i can really concentrate on what matters most , my health!!

It's a stress awaiting their response but fingers crossed i shall get the group which helps my health situation the best?

Many thanks for speedy response

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.