× Members

Claim disallowed - ESA stopped!

More
8 years 9 months ago #138565 by Doomeister
Claim disallowed - ESA stopped! was created by Doomeister
Help! I have not received either of the medical appt letters that were sent to me - after the first one they accepted my explanation [it did not arrive] - but now the second one did not come and my claim has been closed down. Apaprently this is not a 'sanction' so my vulnerability [chronic depression, post traumatic disorder] does not need to be taken into account. I was called by the decision maker who has told me to make a complaint to royal mail, obtain a reference number and call him back with it. He gave me an 0800 number to call him back but that was new claims and not relevant. I'm totally lost and very frightened - and have no experience of doing this kind of thing. Any comment welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138577 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Claim disallowed - ESA stopped!

Doomeister wrote: Help! I have not received either of the medical appt letters that were sent to me - after the first one they accepted my explanation [it did not arrive] - but now the second one did not come and my claim has been closed down. Apaprently this is not a 'sanction' so my vulnerability [chronic depression, post traumatic disorder] does not need to be taken into account. I was called by the decision maker who has told me to make a complaint to royal mail, obtain a reference number and call him back with it. He gave me an 0800 number to call him back but that was new claims and not relevant. I'm totally lost and very frightened - and have no experience of doing this kind of thing. Any comment welcome.

I am afraid that this is standard practice where two appointments are missed.

Have you been having problems with your post recently?

If you want to continue with this claim then you will need to show that the letter was not received due to a documented problem with the post in your area.

Failing this you can appeal the Decision, but you will need to show that the appointment letter was never sent or that it was sent to the wrong address, you will need to issue a Subject Access Request to Maximus for the details they hold of your address, that the letter was created, that it was addressed correctly and finally proof that it was sent.

If you are unable to overturn the Decision then you can make a new claim for ESA but you will not be paid until six months have elapsed or you have been invited to and attended a new assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.