× Members

PIP assessment cancelled and I wasn't told?

More
8 years 9 months ago #138598 by GavinPotato
PIP assessment cancelled and I wasn't told? was created by GavinPotato
Hello,

I filled in the PIP form for my mother around 2 weeks ago and got an appointment letter very quickly saying her assessment was today ( 28/07/15 ) with Capita

I took my mother to the assessment and when I got to reception they said she wasn't on their appointment list. When I gave her the appointment letter she said there must have been a mix-up and she'd need to make some calls.

She didn't make any calls but she came back after looking at the computer saying "they" had been trying to contact me to tell me not to go - despite the fact I gave the DWP two phone numbers to contact me on and I received no letter nor email.

The lady said two people were booked to arrive and we could wait 25 minutes for the possibility of an appointment if one didn't show - being vague how likely it was to happen.

My mother was in pain so we decided not to wait and she said she could book us another appointment. We got a phone line to book it instead as she only had the ability to book certain days which weren't possible for me in the next couple of weeks.

All in all it was a very strange and I was wondering if there was any specific place I should complain to? And if anyone had similar experiences?

Thank you,
Gavin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138602 by bro58

GavinPotato wrote: Hello,

I filled in the PIP form for my mother around 2 weeks ago and got an appointment letter very quickly saying her assessment was today ( 28/07/15 ) with Capita

I took my mother to the assessment and when I got to reception they said she wasn't on their appointment list. When I gave her the appointment letter she said there must have been a mix-up and she'd need to make some calls.

She didn't make any calls but she came back after looking at the computer saying "they" had been trying to contact me to tell me not to go - despite the fact I gave the DWP two phone numbers to contact me on and I received no letter nor email.

The lady said two people were booked to arrive and we could wait 25 minutes for the possibility of an appointment if one didn't show - being vague how likely it was to happen.

My mother was in pain so we decided not to wait and she said she could book us another appointment. We got a phone line to book it instead as she only had the ability to book certain days which weren't possible for me in the next couple of weeks.

All in all it was a very strange and I was wondering if there was any specific place I should complain to? And if anyone had similar experiences?

Thank you,
Gavin

Hi GP,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

It is quite a common occurance for Consultations to be cancelled, mainly down to seasonal staff shortages, sickness, and/or double booking assessment slots.

We have also heard from several members where The PIP Assessor has failed to turn up for a Home Assessment.

So your experience is certainly not a rarity !

You need to ensure that this instance is not classed as your one opportunity to re-arrange as it was not your fault, it was theirs.

If you feel that Mum's limitations restrict her ability to attend a Consultation Centre without suffering severe pain/discomfort you could request a Home Assessment.

Capita will probably insist that she provides a letter from her G.P. supporting this.

You can complain to Capita @ this address :

E -mail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

If you haven't already done so, you can read what to expect at a PIP face to face assessment from Page 70 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

Let us know how things progress.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.