× Members

Question about the PIP assessment

More
8 years 9 months ago #138605 by Katykat
Question about the PIP assessment was created by Katykat
Taken from the HCP assessment guide
"Prior to concluding face-to-face consultations, HPs should give claimants an overview of the findings they have taken from the consultation. Claimants should be invited to clarify any points, ask any questions they have about the assessment procedure and if there is anything else they would like to say before they leave. The HP should answer any issues or concerns they express."

Any advice on how to address this? Am I within my rights to say " can you just read back all your notes that you have taken?"
Wouldn't that impact on the allotted time and irritate the HCP?Has anyone ever done this? I have my assessment next week, never had one for DLA but my ESA assessment was a farce. I failed it and when I read the HCP report, it could have been about someone else. Almost nothing tallied with the answers I gave. The tribunal overturned it & put me in support group. So, I would like to avoid a repitition by checking the HCP notes before I leave. ( if I have the bottle)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138618 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Question about the PIP assessment
Katy

I would say something like

"I understand that it is normal for assessors to run through the notes that they have made with the claimant at the end of the interview in case there have been any misunderstandings, would you mind doing this".

They may still refuse in which case you'll have to consider whether to refer to the Assessment guide or not.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katykat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.