× Members

Severe Disablement Allowance

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138648 by Jimbob96
Severe Disablement Allowance was created by Jimbob96
My PIP was reassessed and I have kept the lower rate mobility component with 10 points. This time after not being awarded the care component, I have been awarded the Enhanced Care Component. Since the award of the Enhanced Care Component, I received a letter from the DWP regarding my ESA. I am in the support group and the letter stated I could be entitled to more money, however I can find very little information about this as the rules seem complex.

If I am in the Support Group for ESA then I would assume that I will be eligible for the Severe Disablement Allowance.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138670 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Severe Disablement Allowance

James wrote: My PIP was reassessed and I have kept the lower rate mobility component with 10 points. This time after not being awarded the care component, I have been awarded the Enhanced Care Component. Since the award of the Enhanced Care Component, I received a letter from the DWP regarding my ESA. I am in the support group and the letter stated I could be entitled to more money, however I can find very little information about this as the rules seem complex.

If I am in the Support Group for ESA then I would assume that I will be eligible for the Severe Disablement Allowance.

Hi J,

Congratulations on the improved PIP Award on review !! :cheer:

You would not be entitled to Severe Disablement Allowance (SDA) and this is a now defunct benefit, although some claimants are still in receipt of it.

I gather that you mean The Severe Disability Premium. (SDP)

Yes, the PIP Daily Living Award does give you a potential entitlement to payment of The SDP as an : ESA Premium paid on top of your normal ESA payments.

As you will see by clicking on the blue link above there are certain other qualifying criteria that you must fulfil before you can receive payment of The SDP.

The first one being that you have to pass the Income Related (IR) ESA means test with respect to capital, assets, savings, household income and any hours worked by a partner if you have one.

This generally involves you having to fill out an : (Sample) ESA 3 Form or an : IS10 Form

As you will also see from the link above, there is an Enhanced Disability Premium that you may have entitlement to for being in The Support Group.

See also : Asset rule for ESA(IR) & 24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

I am afraid that even though you might fulfil the other qualifying criteria, if you cannot pass the IR ESA means test, you cannot receive payment of any ESA Premiums, as all ESA Premiums are paid as IR ESA top-ups.

If The DWP have provided an ESA 3 Form or an IS 10 Form to fill in, you should do so and return it.

If they haven't you should request an ESA 3 Form so that you can be financially assessed.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.