× Members

Pip planning a journey

• janet
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #138661 by janet
Pip planning a journey was created by janet
Hello all
q: when planning a journey

To plan a journey do you have to be able to travel on public transport bus or train first and if you can't then ....then the answear would be no even if you could plan a journey?

Reason I ask my hubby has scored "0" as the assessor has said he can even though he can't travel on public transport due to pain- psoriatic arthritis, medication side effect- can have an "urgent" need for the loo, also his medication lowers his immune system slightly.

We did tell her and it was written on his form any input would be great we are on the reconsideration period stage x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138677 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip planning a journey

janet wrote: Hello all
q: when planning a journey

To plan a journey do you have to be able to travel on public transport bus or train first and if you can't then ....then the answear would be no even if you could plan a journey?

Reason I ask my hubby has scored "0" as the assessor has said he can even though he can't travel on public transport due to pain- psoriatic arthritis, medication side effect- can have an "urgent" need for the loo, also his medication lowers his immune system slightly.

We did tell her and it was written on his form any input would be great we are on the reconsideration period stage x

Planning a route is exactly that, working out how to get from A to B, from your post you are referring to following a route.

The DWP guidance suggests that following a route should consider the use of Public Transport but the actual legislation that defines the PIP Descriptors makes no reference to this.

The Going Descriptor is primarily aimed at claimants who due to mental health or cognitive issues would have problems planning and following a route, problems with the claimant walking are excluded as these are covered under the Moving Around Descriptor.

If you look at the PIP Claim guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

I am afraid I think that you will struggle to meet the criteria based on your husbands problems as posted.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: janet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.