× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration PIP

More
8 years 9 months ago #138613 by Fedup
Question on Pip criteria was created by Fedup
Since applying for my PIP award, in which they refused to award me anything. I asked for a Mandatory Reconsideration due in part to the fact I was awaiting hospital CT scan results and doctors back from holiday to write reports and letters.
I filled in the MR and sent current findings findings from my hospital consultants report of CT scan with contrast..which states I have Multiple lung nodules on both my lungs.

PIP already know I have severe breathlessness and tiredness and I am under a sleep apnea clinic and using a CPAP machine nightly. Unable to walk far yet the assesor decided I could walk over 200 meters unaided.. (that`s just farcical. )

These nodules now need to be monitored and I am due another CT scan in November to see if they double in size. Its basically a waiting game for the next two years monitoring said nodules to see if they turn to malignant cancer and tumours or benign tumours.

My question is do the PIP asssesors take this serious health concern into consideration and as it affects my daily activities does this get the same points as others would get?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138620 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Question on Pip criteria
Fedup

There is no reason why the DWP should not take these issues into account when looking at your claim but you will need to show that these problems are why you have restrictions in regard to the PIP Descriptors.

Remember, to score points you need to show that you cannot reliably perform a task for the majority of days. Reliably means

• Safely – in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person.
• To a necessary and appropriate standard – given the nature of the activity.
• Repeatedly – as often as is reasonably required.
• In a timely manner – in a reasonable time period.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sparklykoi, Fedup

More
8 years 9 months ago #138627 by Fedup
Replied by Fedup on topic Question on Pip criteria
Well they know it can cook but have a stool in the kitchen which I sit on to take breathers . It tires me and I only cook one meal a day for self. I have acid reflux with rolling haital hernia on top of lung nodules, the CT scan would not pick up a rolling hernia apparently unless it was showing at time of scan. I have to have family or friends around me before I can eat due to choking on food. I was told that because I can drink food in liquidised form I am getting enough nutrients. Go figure? :(

More
8 years 9 months ago #138697 by Fedup
Replied by Fedup on topic Mandatory Reconsideration PIP
I posted to them a while ago all the further drs letters Ct scan results and other evidence they required and wrote explaining in detail how my illnesses affects me on day to day level. How long will it be before they give a decision once all the letters have been sent into the Assessor?

More
8 years 9 months ago #138699 by Fedup
Replied by Fedup on topic Confused?
I was awarded ESA support group by having a home assessment early in March 2015. Recently had a PIP assessment at home and refused the award. Now awaiting Mandatory Reconsideration? Did`nt they read the report from the doc for ESA support in my notes?

More
8 years 9 months ago #138705 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration PIP

Fedup wrote: I posted to them a while ago all the further drs letters Ct scan results and other evidence they required and wrote explaining in detail how my illnesses affects me on day to day level. How long will it be before they give a decision once all the letters have been sent into the Assessor?

Probably a week or two

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.