× Members

p.i.p.

More
8 years 8 months ago #138700 by cmt
p.i.p. was created by cmt
iv been on d.l.a. highest mobility award since 1997. im now 65 years old .i have c.m.t..it is a neurological degenerative disease.there is no cure i have no help i was told years a go by a neurologist you just have to get on with it..as iv got older my problems health wise are becoming
intolerable i cant balance have difficulties walking my hands and feet are less than useless i trip fall iv had hip and knee replacement.my feet hurt when im sitting walking is agony .
this is only a small part of my problem,i am so worried about filling forms and all that go s with it.for the change from d.l.a. to pip.
i dont see a neurologist they cant do anything for me,my own g.p.has no comprehension of what c.m.t. is ,so where can i get any evidence of my disease.im going to send pictures of feet and hand s with my form .can you suggest any thing else.
this is all very worrying .
thank s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #138709 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic p.i.p.
cmt

It is not unusual for people with chronic, but stable, conditions to be parked by the NHS.

You have several options;

- speak to your GP they may be able to help you

- you can request copies of your medical records, you will need to explain that your conditions are the same or worse, but the information should still be acceptable.

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

- there is an option when claiming PIP to make use of the information used in your DLA award

Have a look at the PIP Claim guide for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 8 months ago #138719 by cmt
Replied by cmt on topic p.i.p.
thanks for your reply.as i dont see g.p. unless i have to ,and thats not very often i cant see him
being of much help.in fact one doc asked why i had a stick i just told him ....cos i like the patten on it.i get fed up of explaining
what c.m.t. is.infact when i go for my check up for my hip the doctor asked me if i would help
with the final exam s for orthopedic surgeon s....this i have agreed to before and spent a day
at the hospital when they all ask questions look at my feet and hands to try and guess what s
wrong with me.it s only the odd one or two that get s it right.
my own g.p.cant help,[in fact no one can ] so what s the point of seeing g.p. nothing can
cure c.m.t.
sorry to ramble on thank s for your help and this site .its just that im so worried about all
this and its not helping me at all.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.