× Members

Total time: PIP notice letter to returning PIP

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 years 8 months ago #138729 by MariW
I know that once the DWP invitation to claim PIP is received by a DLA recipient one has 28 days to complete the PIP 1 by phone or post. How long after receiving the PIP2 form does a claimant have to return it to Atos or Capita?

Thanks,

Mari W

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #138740 by Gordon

MariW wrote: I know that once the DWP invitation to claim PIP is received by a DLA recipient one has 28 days to complete the PIP 1 by phone or post. How long after receiving the PIP2 form does a claimant have to return it to Atos or Capita?

Thanks,

Mari W

You will be given four weeks to complete the PIP2 form, the accompanying letter will give a specific date by which the form needs to have been returned to the DWP.

You can request a two week extension, but this is at the discretion of the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 years 8 months ago #138743 by MariW
So stretching the process to its absolute limit, it's 8 weeks between the date on the DWP invitation to the PIP2 arriving at Atos or Capita (or 10 weeks if the DWP grant an extension) ?

M

More
8 years 8 months ago #138744 by Gordon

MariW wrote: So stretching the process to its absolute limit, it's 8 weeks between the date on the DWP invitation to the PIP2 arriving at Atos or Capita (or 10 weeks if the DWP grant an extension) ?

M

It might be a week longer and it can certainly be less, for example if you phoned the DWP the day you got the invitation and completed the PIP1 over the phone it might be only five weeks.

To be clear the PIP2 is returned to the DWP who will then send it on to ATOS or Capita as relevant.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 years 8 months ago #138746 by MariW
Thanks again, Gordon. :) I hadn't realised the PIP2 is sent to the DWP rather than Atos or Capita. I worry myself sick about the physical labour of completing the form with supporting data, etc.

M

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.