× Members

an assement for me?

More
8 years 9 months ago #138730 by whitewitch
an assement for me? was created by whitewitch
just had a phone call from the job centre saying that I have to have an assement as there is a small amount of hubbys esa claim for me ??
what is this all about they know I work partime 22hrs a week .they were given all details when my husband started his claim ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138742 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic an assement for me?

whitewitch wrote: just had a phone call from the job centre saying that I have to have an assement as there is a small amount of hubbys esa claim for me ??
what is this all about they know I work partime 22hrs a week .they were given all details when my husband started his claim ?

From your post you have been invited to attend a Work Focussed Interview, the partners of claimants on an income Related benefit are required to attend these, failing to do so can lead to your husbands benefit being sanctioned.

Apart from the inconvenience the meeting should be a formality, they will ask you about your working and whether they can help you to find additional hours, but importantly they cannot require you to do anything.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #138762 by whitewitch
Replied by whitewitch on topic an assement for me?
so they want me to work more hours ..so they don't have to pay my husband even though he has work 47 years and paid his contributions..??

More
8 years 9 months ago #138768 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic an assement for me?

whitewitch wrote: so they want me to work more hours ..so they don't have to pay my husband even though he has work 47 years and paid his contributions..??

To be clear, they may suggest that you do more hours, they may even ask you to do more hours, but they cannot require you to do so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: whitewitch

More
8 years 9 months ago #139263 by whitewitch
Replied by whitewitch on topic an assement for me? update
:laugh: well had my call today, very nice gentleman started to ask me a few questions about my health and did I care for my husband.. I then added I did and I also WORK.. well he was so apologetic he said had he know I worked he would have found away to cancel the appointment.... :laugh: ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.