× Members

ESA Timeline

More
8 years 8 months ago #138736 by gillyk59
ESA Timeline was created by gillyk59
Good afternoon MODS and Members,

My ESA renewal is due in March 2016 but today I received the usual letter saying your benefits have changed and what I will receive from April 2015 to April 2017. The actual amounts havent changed and there has been no change in my circumstances. Is a lucky star shining down on me deferring my renewal until 2017 or am I still likely to receive the dreaded brown envelope in January 2016 ready for March 2016 reassessment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago #138741 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Timeline

Izzy1010 wrote: Good afternoon MODS and Members,

My ESA renewal is due in March 2016 but today I received the usual letter saying your benefits have changed and what I will receive from April 2015 to April 2017. The actual amounts havent changed and there has been no change in my circumstances. Is a lucky star shining down on me deferring my renewal until 2017 or am I still likely to receive the dreaded brown envelope in January 2016 ready for March 2016 reassessment.

Hi I1010,

Sorry, but we have no way of knowing "what" the letter means !

You would need to phone ESA for an explanation :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

bro58

More
8 years 8 months ago #138761 by gillyk59
Replied by gillyk59 on topic ESA Timeline
Thank you Bro 58 I will do that .

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #154377 by gillyk59
Hello All.

Well the dreaded white envelope arrived in January for return by 12th February 2016. It was returned with a couple of days to spare.

I rang the helpline a week ago to find out if a decision had been made but was spoken to in an appalling way by the call handler, who told me i should just be patient and it wasn't worth him looking on the system. I insisted that he did as I was anxious to know what was happening. He looked and said there was nothing to report.

This week I took the plunge and rang Maximus. A very pleasant man was very patient and gave me the timeline of what had happened so far. The ESA50 and accompanying documents were received by Maximus a few days after receipt at Wolverhampton, On 18th February my GP was written to. Would GP have been sent a specific form to complete as I included 30 sheets of medical evidence/reports from my GP and hospital records?. I am surprised that they needed further information. The GP responded, which they received on 9th March and I am still waiting to hear if I am going to be called for a F2F. The call handler at Maximus said that there was nothing on the system yet.

I know I am probably being impatient but the anxiety is overwhelming. I really just wanted to know if this kind of timeline is normal. i.e. 9th March to date with no F2F appointment or confirmation on their computer system that my file has been returned to the DWP. I should add that this is my 2nd re-assesment. The first re-assessment by ATOS two years ago resulted in me being placed in the Support Group for two years without a F2F. I was hoping that this would be the case again especially as I had given much more current medical evidence.

If they contact your GP is it likely that you would be called for a F2F as well ?

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154422 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Timeline

Izzy1010 wrote: Hello All.

Well the dreaded white envelope arrived in January for return by 12th February 2016. It was returned with a couple of days to spare.

I rang the helpline a week ago to find out if a decision had been made but was spoken to in an appalling way by the call handler, who told me i should just be patient and it wasn't worth him looking on the system. I insisted that he did as I was anxious to know what was happening. He looked and said there was nothing to report.

This week I took the plunge and rang Maximus. A very pleasant man was very patient and gave me the timeline of what had happened so far. The ESA50 and accompanying documents were received by Maximus a few days after receipt at Wolverhampton, On 18th February my GP was written to. Would GP have been sent a specific form to complete as I included 30 sheets of medical evidence/reports from my GP and hospital records?. I am surprised that they needed further information. The GP responded, which they received on 9th March and I am still waiting to hear if I am going to be called for a F2F. The call handler at Maximus said that there was nothing on the system yet.

I know I am probably being impatient but the anxiety is overwhelming. I really just wanted to know if this kind of timeline is normal. i.e. 9th March to date with no F2F appointment or confirmation on their computer system that my file has been returned to the DWP. I should add that this is my 2nd re-assesment. The first re-assessment by ATOS two years ago resulted in me being placed in the Support Group for two years without a F2F. I was hoping that this would be the case again especially as I had given much more current medical evidence.

If they contact your GP is it likely that you would be called for a F2F as well ?

Hi I1010,

"I know I am probably being impatient but the anxiety is overwhelming. I really just wanted to know if this kind of timeline is normal."

I am afraid that there is no "normal" !

I would say that 11/12 days since they received your ESA50 is still relatively "early days" !

"If they contact your GP is it likely that you would be called for a F2F as well ? "

See this extract :

"ESA113

2.2.1 Background

Most information requests regarding Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) claims will be on the ESA113.

We ask you to complete this form if we think that the patient may have a severe health condition or disability but do not have enough information to be sure.

The forms should be returned within 5 working days from the date of receipt."

I have emboldened the important "bit" !

Whether they then go on to make a paper based assessment or insist on a face to face will be dependant on what your G.P. writes within : The ESA 113 Questionnaire

As you will see your G.P. has to provide information regarding your ability to attend a face to face at Questions 6/7.

Good luck ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154469 by gillyk59
Many thanks for your response Bro58. I will just have to be patient.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.