× Members

DLA to PIP

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #138961 by amberkindness
DLA to PIP was created by amberkindness
I was on DLA and the award ran out earlier this year. I failed PIP assessment and didn't have resources to appeal or re-apply. My health has deteriorated since late last year. I was on low care and mobility DLA.

Is it possible to apply for standard rate for PIP? I understand there is no low equivalent. Obviously to better my chances, I would need medical evidence.

Do DWP look at previous DLA applications when making PIP decision? (I thought I saw this somewhere)

Any advice would be appreciated
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #138969 by
Replied by on topic DLA to PIP

Lindsay wrote: I was on DLA and the award ran out earlier this year. I failed PIP assessment and didn't have resources to appeal or re-apply. My health has deteriorated since late last year. I was on low care and mobility DLA.

Is it possible to apply for standard rate for PIP? I understand there is no low equivalent. Obviously to better my chances, I would need medical evidence.

Do DWP look at previous DLA applications when making PIP decision? (I thought I saw this somewhere)

Any advice would be appreciated

Hi L,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

There is nothing to stop you making a fresh claim for PIP !

The DWP may refer to previous evidence that they hold on you, however as there seems to have been a deterioration in your conditions since the time of the failed PIP transfer it is important that you highlight the changes in your limitations and needs as a result of the change in your conditions.

When you receive a new PIP Assessment you will be accessed on how you are at the time of the assessment, and not how you may have been in the past.

There is no guarantee that DWP will refer to any evidence that they hold on you,nor can they be relied upon to contact your G.P. or other treating HCP, even if you ask them to.

We therefore advise that you try and gain your own supporting evidence and send that with The PIP 2 Form.

You do not make a particular claim for a Standard or an Enhanced PIP award, you simply make a claim for PIP.

You need to score 8 points for Standard Awards and 12 Points for Enhanced.

Taking our : PIP Self Test may give you a better idea of any potential PIP entitlement.

See also : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by .

More
8 years 8 months ago #139041 by amberkindness
Replied by amberkindness on topic DLA to PIP
That's great, thanks, I'll have a look at those links and try and make headway with the whole process.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.