× Members

Assessment help

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139047 by Katykat
Assessment help was created by Katykat
I have had ESA medical that was conducted by a Dr but I realise that this may be unlikely at my PIP assessment tomorrow. My OH PIP assessment was carried out by an Occ therapist. At my ESA assessment the Dr took my blood pressure which , in my opinion, wasn't neccessary as I never claimed I had a problem with it. At my OH assessment, the OT didn't check his BP even though he is on BP meds. I assumed it was because OTs are not trained to take BPs. Removing my jacket to have my BP checked would present a difficulty for me so I'm wondering if I could refuse to have it done on the grounds that it isn't necessary and the HP may not be qualified anyway.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #139069 by
Replied by on topic Assessment help

Katykat wrote: I have had ESA medical that was conducted by a Dr but I realise that this may be unlikely at my PIP assessment tomorrow. My OH PIP assessment was carried out by an Occ therapist. At my ESA assessment the Dr took my blood pressure which , in my opinion, wasn't neccessary as I never claimed I had a problem with it. At my OH assessment, the OT didn't check his BP even though he is on BP meds. I assumed it was because OTs are not trained to take BPs. Removing my jacket to have my BP checked would present a difficulty for me so I'm wondering if I could refuse to have it done on the grounds that it isn't necessary and the HP may not be qualified anyway.

Hi Kk,

Point blank refusing to co-operate with any of the Assessors "Reasonable Requests" can go against you.

However, if the action that you are asked to carry out would cause you pain, discomfort, etc, you can refuse explaining why you are refusing.

If they do want to take your BP, you can ask whether they are qualified to do so.

You could wear a short sleeved or sleeveless garment, or you could ask them to assist you in removing a cardy etc, if needed.

You can read what to expect from Page 70 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

Good luck, and please let us know how you got on !! :)

bro58

More
8 years 8 months ago #139099 by Katykat
Replied by Katykat on topic Assessment help
Thank you Bro. I wasn't intending to refusing to co operate. I do have a problem with shoulder pain which makes it difficult to put on or take off any kind of jacket or cardy. I could ask for assistance but it seems so pointless if the test they want to do has no relevance to my claim. Unless they would do it just to test whether I can take off & put on a jacket. Which is, I suppose, possible.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.