× Members

ESA WCA

• Marcia
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139053 by Marcia
ESA WCA was created by Marcia
After having the most traumatic WCA yesterday, where I was reduced to tears, the HP, did not let me finish answering the questions, before asking another! Did not have any imput from my GP, which is what I presumed that they would have gotten as part of my claim!!! , I was reduced to a blubbering wreck, did not let My husband speak on my behalf, and was basically told that I would have to answer the questions, only examined my hand and arm dexterity....did not examine my main condition!!!

My question is.. How long does it take for you to receive a decision? As I have resigned myself to get ready for an appeal because it went so badly!

Thanks for any help
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #139058 by
Replied by on topic ESA WCA

Marcia wrote: After having the most traumatic WCA yesterday, where I was reduced to tears, the HP, did not let me finish answering the questions, before asking another! Did not have any imput from my GP, which is what I presumed that they would have gotten as part of my claim!!! , I was reduced to a blubbering wreck, did not let My husband speak on my behalf, and was basically told that I would have to answer the questions, only examined my hand and arm dexterity....did not examine my main condition!!!

My question is.. How long does it take for you to receive a decision? As I have resigned myself to get ready for an appeal because it went so badly!

Thanks for any help

Hi M,

Sorry to hear that your ESA face to face was such a bad experience ! :(

The ESA85 Medical Report compiled by The ESA Assessor will now be sent electronically to The DWP ESA Decision Maker (DM) who will make the final decision.

You could give it a week or so then ring ESA for an update :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

Don't be to despondent, we have heard from many members where they felt that their face to face went really badly, only to receive a positive decision.

If you felt that The Maximus ESA Assessor was particularly poor you could complain to them.

Maximus (CHDA) Customer Charter.

As a separate issue, if you receive an adverse ESA decision from DWP we will advise you how to proceed at that time.

"Fingers crossed" for you !! :)

bro58

• Marcia
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #139065 by Marcia
Replied by Marcia on topic ESA WCA
Thanks for your reply Bro58.

I will wait to see what the outcome is, however, I do not hold out much hope!

I have worked for over almost thirty years, and have lost 2 jobs due to Osteoarthritis!

Since losing my previous job, after having a spell in hospital, and being told not to return to work, I have never been so stressed as I have been since claiming benefits!
Anyway, thanks for your advice, you have been great :-)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.