× Members

Imminent PiP Home Visit

• Debi Thomas
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #139075 by Debi Thomas
Imminent PiP Home Visit was created by Debi Thomas
Hi,

I'm fairly new to this forum, but I must say I find it very interesting & supportive.
Just as a little background I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 18 months ago. They still haven't got my pain, sleep or general malaise under control.......or at least a little more stable. What isn't helping is that I also have active crohns in my ileum, having had my large intestine removed a few years ago due to ulcerative colitis.
The medical term is that I'm in a bad place at the moment as the 2 conditions are exasperating each other!!

On Thursday morning I'm due a home visit to enable a PiP assessment to be carried out. I wish they could have visited today or yesterday, when after approx 3 hours sleep over Sun & Monday nights I physically couldn't get out of bed due to chronic fatigue and widespread pain!!

Has anybody else had a home assessment??
What sort of things have I got to look forward to??
Can anyone give me any pointers??

This is my first time claiming anything, after working in the same job for 30 years and I'm just afraid that I won't get across how I'll I feel on a daily basis.

TIA of any support and replies xxxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139077 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Imminent PiP Home Visit
DT

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Home assessments are not significantly different from one held at the Assessment Providers offices, there is a section in the PIP Claim guide, towards the back, that covers the assessment process and the questions that you are likely to be asked,

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You are entitled to have someone with your during the interview.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

• Louise
8 years 9 months ago #139082 by Louise
Replied by Louise on topic Imminent PiP Home Visit
Hi, my daughter had a home visit today and we was both really worried but I have to say it was nothing like the horror stories I had read about. The lady was a paramedic and really friendly. She asked about how my daughters autism affected her and them just worked through the pip form. I'm hoping it went well . Good luck for yours tomorrow x

• Debi Thomas
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #139089 by Debi Thomas
Replied by Debi Thomas on topic Imminent PiP Home Visit
Thanks a lot Gordon.

I've read what I can from the site and completed my application form using the Guidance.
Just wanted to get other people's thoughts and experiences.

Managed to change my name as well!!

• Debi Thomas
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #140228 by Debi Thomas
Replied by Debi Thomas on topic Imminent PiP Home Visit
Hi All,

Hope everyone is feeling as good as possible!!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.